Chapter 23

Zayn's POV

The walls of the locker room were vibrating from the excitement of the crowed. I wasn't focused on that at all as much as I was focusing on placing all the energy in me for this fight and not letting it out until I was in the ring. According to the media, this fight was so highly anticipated because they thought whoever wins this fight will fight whoever wins the fight Harry has with Liam next month. That's not how it's going to be because I would never get in the ring with Harry for the world to see. We may go over the top in sparing and we may go home with black eyes more times than not, but we don't want an actual title fight to be apart of our friendship. This fight was big for me because my last fight was when Ezra was six. That's four years to let the fighters under me mix around and try to find where they belong before I step in and show them who's actually the king here.

Ezra was going to be ring side for this one, his first time seeing me fight in the ring and being able to watch me understanding that I'm not just beating someone up. He was standing with Bobby in the corner- Niall's parents ended up come for the fight, and was just watching me get ready. Ethan stayed at home with Maura, but that didn't surprise any of us. He had a chance to bake cupcakes with his grandma and that's better than coming to see me. I couldn't agree more with my youngest son.

Niall was happy to have his parents back and I was too because Niall wasn't acting normal. His stomach flu lasted a little over a week then went away slowly, only turning in to nausea, but his energy didn't return to normal. He was just so tired all the time now and it worried me. I ended up taking the boys with me to the gym everyday whole Louis went over to watch Niall. I'd get a text at ten or ten thirty saying Niall had finally woken up. I wanted to tell him to go to a doctor, but I didn't want to make him put his energy into fighting me about that. I figured tomorrow I could tell Niall we're going out to run some errands and just pull him into the doctors office. Doniya even came over to check on him and I didn't like what she told me so I wanted a second opinion. She said Niall may have fallen into a depression, the reasons only he knows, but that's all that could have happened. He has all the signs, but I needed someone else to tell me that's what it was so we could fix it. I think I wasn't listening to my very intelligent sister because I knew if Niall was actually depressed then that means I failed as a husband. I didn't keep him happy and that's all I ever wanted to do.

"Let's go." Mark told me. I had anger boiling through my blood now, but I kept it buried until I knew it would explode. I was angry at myself for not doing what I had set out to do. Niall followed behind me with Ezra holding his hand tightly. Bobby was walking ahead of me with Harry and Mark while Louis was in the back with his medical supplies in hand. There were more security than usual because I had Ezra here. It was mainly for me incase just killed someone that dared to touch my son.

Once we got to the gates I turned and kissed Niall a few times. I pulled back and saw his face didn't look tired or sad or anything that I had been told he might have been experiencing, he just looked beyond worried. Little did he know I was feeling the same about him. I bent down and kissed Ezra, smiling at him.

"You take care of Daddy for me, okay?" I asked him over the loud sounds of the crowed. He nodded and kissed me on his own, telling me that he loved me. I stood up and moved to the front of my team so they all could follow me. The music started playing and the gates opened. I walked out as the security men pushed back anyone that was pushing forward. Behind me, Harry had my world champion belt raised high. I did a steady jog to where I needed to go, not really caring about the screams and shouts for me. At this point, my head was already in the ring planning my next hit.

I got in the ring and bounced around, taking in where things were and how much room I had to move around. My opponent was brought in, but I just stared at him like I didn't own feelings. That made a scared look pass over his face. The small voice in my mind was telling me that I only fight with feelings and this was funny. I shut that up because I would start laughing as I broke his nose again and every one would think I'm a psycho. I'm not, but I think things like that are funny. That's probably why my husband fell into a depression.

The Rematch (Ziall Horlik)AU M-Pregजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें