Chapter 39

Niall's POV

Louis and I both made our way down the street as the cold December air seemed to cut right through our thick jackets. We were doing last minute shopping for both Ethan's birthday party and for Christmas. The boys were now on break from school so Ethan decided he wanted to have a sleepover with some of his friends instead of doing a big party like we did for Ezra. It was still going to be special with all the decorations and his friends that were going to come over and spend the night. We were littereally picking up party favors and some different board games for the kids to play tonight for the party. Harry and Zayn were setting up decorations as Louis and I shopped around.

"Let's go in there. They might have some small toys and stuff." Louis pointed. I didn't even think twice before following him into the nice heated store. I unbuttoned my coat and loosened my scarf as the heating warmed me up. The baby must have liked it because it started kicking around excitedly. I was trying to keep warm, but I guess I didn't do my job well enough.

"Niall, I don't think you showed this much with the boys." Louis commented to me as we walked through the store that was filled with party items. I rubbed my belly and sighed. It was true and I was actually to the point where I was a little uncomfortable. I knew I had two more months to go, but I felt like I could have this baby tomorrow. I knew I was showing more because I wasn't gaining as much weight as I did when I was pregnant the boys. Doniya said that I was just more swollen with this baby and it didn't mean that I'd have a ten pound kid. Either way it didn't stop me from asking her at my last ultrasound if there were more than one baby in there. Zayn said that would be a better chance of getting a girl.

"I don't care what Doniya says. There's four of them in there and that's it." I huffed and got some toys to put in the basket Louis was holding. He laughed at me then continued to help me get some other stuff before going to check out. The guy working the counter smiled brightly at me and reached out to get the basket. That's when I noticed his tattoo on his hand matched one of Zayn's tattoos. It was the fingers crossed one he had on his forearm. The guy must have seem me looking at it because he blushed and timidly showed me his hand.

"Zayn Malik changed my life. I used to live in Bradford and I remember hearing about not messing with him. Then he started boxing and moved here, it gave me hope I could move out of there one day too. I just got accepted into uni here for a full scholarship. I didn't think I could do it, but I saw one person did and figured I wasn't too old to get my degree." He said, his accent obviously from Bradford. I knew that so well because Zayn spoke it still so thick. Even our children picked up some of the ways he says his words. Then again, sometimes they say things sounding very Irish.

"I'll have to tell him about this. He likes to hear when he helps people." I said. The other guy nodded and finished checking out my items. Louis got the bags while I wrapped my coat tighter around me and wrapped my scarf around my neck again. The baby moved around getting comfortable then started letting it's hand rub against me. I smiled and saw if I could help Louis with the bags. He just shook his head and let his hand rub my stomach as we walked out of the store.

"Niall, look over here!" Someone yelled the second we were outside. I kept my head down and reached out to get Louis' free hand. He took it and pulled me along as more people with cameras followed closely yelling at me to look at them.

"Louis, is that your baby?" One of them asked. We continued to walk as fast as we could to his car. Someone shoved into me from behind and made me stumble forward. If Louis didn't catch me, I would have definitely fallen. Louis turned around and I felt that he was going to let everything on his mind go.

"He's pregnant! You can't fucking push a pregnant person! You can't even touch him in the first place! Zayn may not be here, but I swear I'll knock your fucking teeth out if you don't leave us the fuck alone!" Louis yelled at them. The whole time they were taking pictures. Only a few people walked away. Louis turned and got my hand in his to take me to the car. I opened the door and got in, but only after a few pictures of me were taken.