Dalton Chapter 1.

Claire heard the sea crash against the cliffs. Destroying yet another house on the coast. It wasn't the sea who was angry, it was who ever controlled the sea. To anybody else living near a coast, it was completely normal. Water did that. But, to anybody living in Leigh; it was worrying. After hundreds of years of living in Leigh, the residents learnt that something controlled everything. Somebody controlled everybody.

  It was dangerous, whether the residents like to admit it or not. After three hundred years of living here, she had to leave. You could ask anybody who lived in Leigh, close to the three hundred mark - they'd have to leave. A third of the way through their life.

  She had a huge life plan. Grow up: School, college, university. Marry her fiancé, have a son. After her fiancé died, and her son grew up, she had to establish a plan. Claire had her son when she was 14 years ago. Her son, now logically 14 years old - was still living a noemal life of a 14 year-old who was a loner. 

  The Curse of Leigh enables you, after a death of a loved one, to curse someone to take off 90% of a persons life. They aged slower, and although Sinners, as the age of 13, stop aging at the pace of a human, and they start aging slower. Too a human eye, Claire looked like a young adult, but she was actually older than any adult on Human Earth.

  But, she was a Sinner. A supernatural species. If you are a Sinner, you are born of one of seven traits: lust, wrath, pride. Envy, sloth, depression or greed. Although depression isn't a sin on Human Earth, it is a disorder; in the ancient worlds - it was. And that is where Sinners are from. Ancient Worlds. The Olympians have Olympus; Another species, quite similar to Sinners: Virtues, had Earth, or what is know known from the Ancient World's point of views as 'Human Earth,' before the Human Race took it over. Virtues and Sinners now share one world, although it is split to that being they are parallel to each other. The World that Sinners own, Anicent World. More popularly known there as Auncyen.

                                                                                                                                ***

  "Are you done yet?" Spencer asked, his posture falling over a café table. "Not that I have anything to do."

   "Hold on a second, Spencer." Claire told him, scrubbing down the counter. The look of determination on her face. "It's bad enough I have this job. But, we're lucky. I've picked up extra hours-"

   "Not the greatest hours, mum." Spencer told her. He rested his chin on a table, and stretched his hands out, playing with a salt shaker.

   "But it helps us manage. It helps us put food on the table, a roof over our head, and clothes on our body." She sighed, she then placed the rag down, and rubbed her wet hands on her apron. "It's also helping your school fees."

   "I don't understand why you have to send me there, and move away. Firstly, we can't afford it, but I could also go away with you, get a job. We could maybe change out plans, and stay right where we are now. I could even help out here!" Spencer shrieked. He felt tired, he had to get up at 6am in the morning with his mum.

   "No, you can't Spencer. You're not sacrificing your schooling for work, and for me. You're not becoming a disappointment. You need a good education, a good job, and the long line of not having a good education, and having to work 6am till 9pm six days a week, can end with me." Claire told her son, her silky black hair falling gently over her shoulders.

   Spencer looked at his mother. Feelings of sympathy and guilt rushed through his mind. "Hey, mum. You're not a disappointment." He stood up, and went to stand behind the desk to where his mum was. "You've survived. The both of us. Without your parents help, and without dad. You've kept me align, haven't you?"