Dalton Prologue

NOTE: DISCONTINUED. CHANGED TO "DALTON ACADEMY: THE STEEL SHADOW." IT'S IN MY LIST OF STORIES WRITTEN.

Without it sounding too loud, she screamed for Gabriel, who came running up behind her.

"What's wrong?" Gabriel asked her, he could sense her breath was shaking.

"Found him." Hannah sighed, but he's gone now.

"Well, we better find him again, if not we're school less, and possibly even homeless."

"It's stupid that our whole lives are reliable on having to kill this one guy."

"Not one guy," Gabriel perked up. "A guy. Anyone."

"Yes, but if we catch a sinner, he wouldn't be dead...forever." Hannah tried to shine a light on the idea.

"If we catch a sinner, the death will look even better, if we kill one of our own kind, imagine how amazing it'd look for us? We'd be able to do anything we every wanted to do." Gabriel mentioned, his voice getting higher and higher, but still deep with the seriousness of the matter.

"Suddenly someones interested in their school work?" Hannah noticed, she felt surprised, but also worried. As if Gabriel could have another reason why he wanted to kill them, but no offence to him, he couldn't have. They were best friends, the seven of them, the seven sinners. Each were a sinner, and each attending Dalton Academy. Everybody knew each others secrets, or the secrets that lured at the top, and not the ones that remain deep in side of them. 

"Hardly boring school work, we get to kill people at the end of a semester." Gabriel reminded her, scrunching up his face. Hannah never really put it in perspective, but in the human life, most people would either be asleep. Perhaps at school stuck in a lesson like Maths or English or Science. They still had to study them type of lessons, they got to do even more interesting things like that. although the killing was something they shouldn't joke with. At the end of each "term" or "semester" they would have to put into practice what they learnt. They wouldn't have to do a boring written test, they would have to go out into the real world, or their "real world."  They we into a test what they had learnt and show how they improved from last time. Over time, if they were to kill a sinner, that sinner would gradually come back to life, but it may take a while. It may take something little like 10 years, which to a sinner isn't long. It could take 100 years, where everything they know may of changed. Depending on how old they were when they died, their friends and family may of passed on, or moved away. If they were to kill a human, it'd be the humans fault for being out there out the time. Being near the sinners school, which it wasn't their fault, but they were responsible. It was the person who killed them's fault,  the school that made them do this. If they didn't kill the person, and they didn't pass their class. They'd would be kicked out of school, and some families would never take their child back. As they were either away and couldn't look after them, or that they were too embarrassed, but some did. Although it seemed wrong, and many people and other families  disagreed with this, some agreed. They put this in their child's head from the beginning, to encourage them to excel in school and try their best.

There was noise behind a tree, heavy breathing. They thought it could be an animal, or a dangerous animal. That did scare them. They had the equipment and the knowledge to kill a sinner, but they may not have the knowledge to kill a human. They defiantly didn't know how to kill an animal, and not one who would stick up for itself and kill the thing that is trying to attack them.

"Maybe we should just find someone else here?" Gabriel asked, him now getting worried for the both of them. Neither of them were okay with the idea of killing an innocent human being, but they had to do it. A few hundred years ago, every student thought the same. It was what they were growing up with, them type of ideas. But now because of the internet and other families with a much more open mind to other ideas, they knew it was wrong. Many groups of sinners had petitioned for the schools to stop, but only one school ever had stopped, and no one heard from it anymore. The last they heard from it was that sphinxes had taken over. Which were the top reasons, along with getting killed in battle, killed by trying to kill, and natural death for sinners. It'd be much more better to be killed by a sinner, than it was to be killed by a sphinx for sure.

There was a noise coming from behind, a movement of a dark figure, Gabriel got out his gun and fire a shot, whatever it was fell to the ground. Hannah and Gabriel looked at each other in surprise and shock, although they had to of done it before, each time it was horrible.

"My turn." Hannah said, not in a happy mood, but in a way that she had been told before that she had to do it. She pulled out hers and took a shot, to make sure it was dead. Each bullet had the colour of there sin, and a number. Som that tomorrow morning, the council could go over and check that it had been killed, and whose by, then judge it on how well it was done. Hannah's was orange and Gabriel's was green. There was no movement or whimper. They felt terrible for what they did. They both stood up from where they were crouching, and ran off back to Dalton Academy.