Dalton Chapter 4.

They found themselves sitting on a bench, on top of the Southend on Sea hill, watching the sea flow backwards and forwards. It was angrier than normal, and Louis noticed. He pointed that out to Spencer, who nodded.

   "It was like this before I left," Spencer told Louis. "I've only been gone since this morning."

   It was starting to get dark outside, and shops were closing, and the wind was growing stronger than it was earlier, they'd been sitting there, eating sandwiches they'd gotten down one of the shops, that was quite close to where Spencer's mum's, Claire's, works. They'd purposely not gone in there, when Louis sensed the awkwardness of it, he didn't ask why, they just went on to the next shop.

   "Okay, so if you had to choose between a nose for a penis, or a penis for a nose, what would you choose?" Louis asked Spencer.

   "Well, it wouldn't smell very nice, would it?" Spencer replied, chuckling.

   "But what would you have to smell down there?"

   "The other stuff...sweaty and...this is getting awkward." Spencer cut off. "Why the weird question anyway?"

   "You can usually judge what kind of person someone is by that answer."

   "So, you ask everybody that?"

   Louis nodded, and gave a small smile. "Most people, if I think I'm gonna like them."

   "Or if they're a lost cause."

   "Don't be so down on yourself Spencer, you're not a lost cause..."

   "Kind of am, I've been in one place so far, the west wing, and I had to get shown where to go, so technically I am a lost cause."

   "You may be lost, but you're not a lost cause." Louis told Spencer. Spencer found it very thoughtful truly, but it sounded as if Louis said that to everyone, it also sounded well rehearsed.

   "That's sweet, thanks Louis." Spencer nodded. Louis pushed down on his legs, and stood up. He held his hand out for Spencer to grab onto, and pulled him up.

   "We should get going now, we've got to sneak in before anybody sees us, and get us into trouble." Louis said, about to turn around, but then turned back. "Don't worry, you won't be the one in trouble - I will. "

   Louis started walking off, and Spencer started to follow him. They spent the time walking home, messing around and laughing. Although Louis made out that he was in a rush to get home, he obviously wasn't in too much of a rush. For starters, he missed the dance which he should of been it, and finally decided to come home; but didn't speed it up at all, if anything - he was trying to make their night out last longer.

    When they arrived back on the school grounds, the gates were opened, with people flooding in and out, all in period clothing, but with alcohol in one hand and their mobile phones in their other, which looked kind of peculiar, as in textbooks they are usually holding crops or something that was actually around back  then, not mobile phones or anything electronic.

   They had to sneak through the crowds of people, as they stood out like a sore thumb in their regular clothes. They ran through, trying not to get caught, until they got outside their room, and Louis was fumbling around, looking for his keys, when Spencer reminded him of the key under the mat, as Louis was about to bend down, he saw Hannah standing infront of them, starring Louis in the eye confused. She wasn't in period clothes either, but it didn't look like she cared at all.

  "Shouldn't you be in the main hall?" Hannah asked Louis, with her arms crossed.

   "Shouldn't you?" Louis replied to her.