Dalton Chapter 2.

Ironically, 2000 years later, Hades would be getting a lot more attention from a family member. Persephone was carried by Hades into his Hall, and dropped on the floor. She touched her head, and sighed. Her vision felt wobbily, and she couldn't see properly. But, she had to do something. Before she knew it, she stood up, and was jogging out - for about three or four steps, until she was pushed back down again. Persephone opened her eyes and looked up, she could just make out the guilt and upset in her eyes. It confused her, did he feel guilty for what he did? 

  "Please let me go, Hades! Please! Please Uncle Hades, let me go, please!" The words Persephone spoke felt like betting coupons on a horse race. Everytime she said a word, she would keep betting; but it only got more addictive, and the outcome was getting worse and worse, but she couldn't stop. Her begging, turned Hades' face angrier and more stern, until she realised the best thing for her to do was to be quiet, and listen to wait he had too say.

  "No." He spoke. It was a short, and simple word - but it meant a lot. A lot more than any other word that could possibly mean anything in the whole entire dictionary, or world of words. The heart beat, that was already running like a zebra, running for its life from a lion, had been beating so fast, she could hear it. But now, it was one continuous sound, the small mili seconds inbetween each heartbeat had grown so small, it was one long feeling of the fact her heart was about to jump out of her stomach, and run off - leaving the soul of Persephone laying there. Or maybe Persephone could make a boat out of all the pieces of broken rock off of the hall, and she could use the tears she was crying as water to swim away. But this wasn't in a book, or in a dream - it was real life. She couldn't help herself.

  "Please." Persephone whispered, but when she did; she felt that the feeling of a betting and gambiling obsession came flooding back. 

  "Sit down," Hades voice broke. It sounded as if he had something else to say, but he couldn't. He couldn't bare it. There were a couple of seconds of silence, maybe minuets - where none of them talked. He carried on talking again. "Sit down, and shut up. If not I will take further caution." Hades had been planning this for a while. He had no longer been staying on Mount Olympus, in actual fact - he moved out shortly after the family dinner they had, where Persephone and Hades had met for the first time - and the last, until now.

  When Hades moved out, he had told everybody it was a mutual decision between him and his brothers, Poseidon and Zeus. Everybody agreed, and went along with it; but truthfully, everybody knew at the end of the day the decisions came down to Zeus. He had said the ruler of the Underworld should be in the Underworld, and if any problems happened then Hades would be there, ready straightaway to sort it out. It was really so Zeus could get Hades out of his hair, and focus on getting rid of Poseidon. Family rivalry at it's finest.

  "Please let me go! Why have you taken me? We're family, our family won't like this!" 

  "They have never thought of me as their family." Hades, replied. Gulping. "They had stopped being my family years ago when they chose to help the virtues."

  "That's where I have seen you before." Persephone told Hades, the look of shock ran through her face. "We were celebrating the victory, overthrowing the sinners and virtues."

  "We never over threw the sinners or virtues, Persephone." Hades told her. "The Olympians helped out the virtues, they were allis. They ganged up on the sinners."

  "You were part of the Olympians. You still can be." Persephone begged.

 "No." Persephone heard Hades say the simple word again, it made her heart beat twenty times fasted. "The sinners had as much right to have the power as the virtues. But, yet again: all Zeus cares about is the way everybody views him. If he supported the sinners, the trust for him would be lost; he'd be seen as the bad guy. So he chose to back the virtues, so everybody would see him as a good guy, and carry on praying to him. And of course, your little family just followed him and did whatever he said. I was sick of that, I am the only one who has the guts to stand up for what I believe in."