Dalton Chapter 6.

Louis could talk for ages and ages. He'd been showing Spencer around the school and all the classrooms for half an hour now. He had named every inch of the school, and it's history. It was as if Spencer had found what Louis loved - the school. It was really weird the fact that Louis came off of the type that doesn't care about anything, but he really did love it.

    "So, why do we all have to stay in school in our first year?" Spencer asked interested, as Louis and him walked down the hallway.

   "For safety, trust, bonding." Louis told him, "it gets you closer. Also, most people stay on after, and don't stay at home, seeing as some people come along way."

    "Will you stay boarding next year, or stay at home?" Spencer asked Louis.

   Louis sighed, as though it was upsetting to think about. "Hopefully I'll go home, not too sure. Will you?"

    Spencer shrugged. "Depends if my mum wants me back, last time we talked to each other, we kind of left each other, I shouted some things I didn't mean..."

    "What happened?" Louis asked.

   "She kept this 'sinner' thing from me all my life." Spencer replied, looking down at the floor. He couldn't bring himself to look up. "But now, I kind of understand why. She was doing it to protect me."

    "I really couldn't imagine not knowing about sinners, but then again; all of us here are wrecked children." Louis told Spencer, with a slight chuckle.

   "Are you guys still classed as children?" Spencer asked, confused. After all, Louis and the others were 163 years old.

   "Compared to how much longer we have to live, yes, we are. Still about eight times that age." Louis said, not really making a big fuss on it, but it astonished Spencer. It was the answer to something he had worried about all his life; death.

   "Wow..." Was all Spencer could bring himself to say, and Louis gave a slight smile, before pointing to a painting behind him. 

   "Do you recognize that man?" Louis asked, smiling at the photo.

    Spencer turned his body around to see the painting. "No, I don't. Should I?"

    "He was one of the founders of the school, along with William Dalton. You really don't reognize him?" Louis asked, looking a bit worried at the fact that Spencer didn't know.

   "No, I really don't know. I hadn't even heard of William Dalton until yesterday." Spencer replied, turning away from the photo, not really taking it in or understand the importance of that photo.

   "Your mum really kept it a secret very well." Louis told Spencer, but not angrily or upset. It was more of a way of praising him, although it was his mum.

   "I guess so. But, then again, I never really did have the thought I was going to grow up and be a supernatural creature. Kind of a one-in-a-million chance." Spencer laughed. "So, this may sound kind of stupid, but what is a sinner?"

   "Like you just said, a supernatural creature." Louis told Spencer, while they both started walking again. "It is kind of a long story on how it all started, and not any of us are 100% sure, a lot of people who do remember it, have forgotten it over time."

   "Some people have been around since the beginning of time?" Spencer raised his eyebrows.

   "No, no no. Sinners, you know like - in the bible? But we have a different story. It's hard to explain." Louis said.

   "Then try me," Spencer told him. "My mum was about to explain it to me."

   "We better go somewhere else then, we're gonna be talking for a long time." Louis said, looking around, before they both walked round to the back of the school.