Dalton Chapter 7.

They were stunned by what was standing there. Spencer had never seen anything like it in his life, not even in books. He turned to Louis, as if to ask what to do. Louis knew what he was thinking.

"Run." Was all Louis called make out to say, and whereas Spencer turned around, to start running the other way, Louis ran towards it. Spencer followed behind, lagging a bit as he wasn't the most fittest of people. He followed Louis as he ran towards a shed. Many were aready huddling around, grabbing bow and arrows and as many weapons as they could out of bags, not even looking at what they were getting, but just pulled it away and ran off for others to grab.

"Just try and aim as close to the face as possible." Louis told Spencer, he aimed his arrow up and start shooting. Other arrows were lying all over the ground, from were people standing further away had tried to shoot, and failed so ended up moving closer. Spencer tried to set the arrow up so it could hit the Sphinx, but it ended up failing miserably. He had never tried it before in his life, so he felt pretty sad that he wasn't a natural at it, as he was looking around at the others who looked like experts at it. Many hit the Sphinxes face, but it seemed to only make it look more angry.

"Answer." Was it the Sphinx could say. "Answer..."

"What ever you do, don't answer." Louis told Spencer. Spencer nodded at him, but he never heard the Sphinx's question anyway.

Coming out of the Science block, running was Dr Howell, looking very worried at it. He made his way over towards Spencer and Louis, but walked straight passed them and talked to another group of students. Louis looked hurt when Dr Howell walked straight passed him, but shook his head when he remembered what his aim was - to destroy the sphinx.

"What's happening?" Spencer questioned. "What?"

"Sphinx... Louis murmured. "Just, er, don't go near it, don't say anything. Don't answer, you promise me?"

Spencer frowned at the fact that Louis didn't trust him, but knew he was only trying to keep him safe.

Everybody was running, aiming, shooting. Spencer saw everybody, they all loomed well trained and prepared, even if some of them hadn't been at Dalton that long.

The sphinx was still breathing and panting. She had her eye fixed on one spot, Spencer tracked the eyes from the sphinx back to two girls. Spencer couldn't understand why the sphinx was looking at them two, as they looked completely innocent.

Most people were brave, some were crying, and most were running backwards and forwards. Attempting to be brave and running straight towards the sphinx, and when reaching close towards it, running backwards.

Yet still, the sphinx kept her eyes located on the girls.

"Who are they?" Spencer asked himself, but he hadn't realised Gabriel was standing next to him.

"Jess and Flo, both were in the 20th battle." Gabriel told him.

"20th battle?" Spencer questioned.

"20th sphinx attack at Dalton. Guess this is now the 21st." Gabriel replied, shrugging, running off to where Grant and Hannah were, motioning for him to follow, and grab an arrow.

Spencer just shook his head, and darted his eyes towards where Louis was standing, now with Charlie and the others.

Suddenly, the sphinx had one of the girls in it's mouth. Mr Dalton approached the sphinx. He could see a bow and arrow in his hand, and started shooting.

The girl got dropped on the floor, and the sphinx picked up William in his mouth.

Charlie cried out, the started sobbing. She ran after him, but Louis and some others held her back. The Sphinx disappeared, leaving William on the floor.

Jess, the girl, stood up, and Flo helped her over to the other side of the field, where Spencer was standing.

"Is she okay?" Spencer asked Flo.

"She seems to be getting less and less panicky." Flo spoke up.

"Is Charlie okay?" Jess said, it seemed difficult for her to speak, as she started coughing.

"You better sit down." Spencer said, pointing to a bench. "And I don't know."

Charlie was sobbing at his side, and they were all trying to ring the ambulance. Dr. Howell made sure she was okay.

Dr. Howell told them all to leave the school site, and if they could, go home. If not, they'd have to look into something different. It was too dangerous.

Finally, the ambulance did arrive, and as they prepare for every sphinx attack, they told them "dog attack."