Chapter Four - Part 2

Here is part two of chapter four...enjoy

It was already Friday and I couldn't wait for this school day to be over. It felt like the week had just dragged by, taking forever to end. School was the same as usual though the rumor mill was at full capacity. Rumors about Kale and I were spreading like wild fire and some of them were completely outrageous. One was, I had somehow gotten pregnant and that's why he was giving me so much attention. I about passed out from laughing so hard when I heard about that. Everyone knew how much of a playboy Kale was but I don't think he's stupid enough to get a girl pregnant. 

Sitting in History I was trying hard not to fall asleep to our teacher babbling about some war that happened way before I was even thought of. I felt my eyes getting heavier by the second when someone tapped my shoulder. I looked back to see a girl name Terri smiling at me. She mouth 'this is for you' before handing me a folded up paper. Really? Note passing in class? And to think I thought this only happened in movies or on TV shows. 

It's Friday Sin! Have dinner with me tonight? -Kale

I laughed softly, was he really resorting to notes to get me to go out with him.

No, thanks - Kacyn

I looked back at Kale who was sitting in the seat behind Terri and threw the note at him. It hit him right in the middle of his forehead causing him to jump a bit. I covered my mouth with my hand so I wouldn't laugh. When he looked up and met my eyes I winked, before turning my attention to the front of the class. A few seconds later the paper landed on my desk.

Fine, screw dinner. Let's go to the movies! -Kale

Why do you want to go out with me so badly? -Kacyn

That's a secret I'll never tell! -Kale

Quoting Gossip Girl, I see. What will it take for you to stop pestering me? -Kacyn

Just one date! Please! -Kale

Fine, but, I have a few conditions. We'll talk about after class. -Kacyn

When the bell rang signaling class was over and it was time for lunch I gathered up my books and headed out of the class. Kale was leaning up against the lockers across the hall with one of the schools cheerleader hanging off his arm. I didn't bother to acknowledge them and headed down the hall to put my books in my locker. Just as i was putting my last book in and grabbing what I would need for my last few classes Kale came up behind me.

"I was looking for you." he whispered into my ear

"And look, here I am, at my locker." I said closing it

I turned around face him and leaned my back against it. Tilting my head to the side a bit I waited for him to say something. I could tell he had quite a bit to say and I couldn't wait to hear what it was. Time to finally get started with Operation Kale!

"So, I'll come get you at seven?" he asked hopefully with a smile on his face instead of his usual smirk

"I'm actually starting to reconsider agreeing to this." I said

"What? Why?" he asked

"You've been trying to get me to go out with you for two weeks," I began "and the first time I actually agree to, you have another girl draped over you like some lap dog." I said

"Are you talking about Cindy?" he asked

"If that's the girl you were with just a few moment ago, than yes." I replied "Here's the thing Kale, if you think for any reason at all that after tonight you'll magically get a second date, you are sadly mistaken. When I date someone I would rather it not be with a person who so willingly gives out their cookies to anyone willing to stick their hand in the cookie jar."