Chapter Five

7:00 P.M.

I stood waiting on the porch for Kirra to come and pick me up so we could head to the came. I kept tugging at the football jersey that I just had to agree on wearing. Why couldn't I be more of a bitch to Kale like I really wanted too? Oh, that's right I had to make him fall for me!

Thank you Kirra, thank you very much! I thought sarcastically

The long material was really starting to get on my freaking nerves. With a huff I gathered the fabric over my hip and tied it into a knot. At least now it wasn't draped down to my knees and you could tell I was wearing shorts. The only problem as, now just about half of my stomach was showing. Yeah, this was going to cause a whole bunch of new stories going around. I already knew that the newest gossip that would be going around would have something to do with me being Kale's jersey girl for the big game.

I could only imagine the speculation that would be floating around. I could already hear the whispers that would come at the game. I should've just shot done this stupid thing and begged Kirra to reconsider my punishment. But, NO, I had to go and accept it cause I don't know how to pass up on a challenge. I must be a sucker for stupidity. 

Finally after what felt like an eternity Kirra pulled up to my house. I ran down the drive way and out the gate before I ended up locking myself in the house and refuse to go. I crossed my arms over my chest after I buckled myself in, but we still didn't move. I glanced over at Kirra and she was looking me up and down.

"What?" I questioned

"Why are you wearing Kale's jersey?" she asked

"Cause he asked me too." I replied

"And you just said yes?"

"I would've turned him down if he didn't bring up the fact that I promised to wear it if our team got to states our Senior year." 

"Ooh, he played the old best friend promises card." she nodded

"Yes, he did!" I stated "Now can we please go, before we end up being late." 

"You could've taken your bike." she pointed out "Or your own car."

"Yeah, if i was going to drive myself to the stadium, I can tell you right now, I wouldn't have shown up to the game."

"Ah you have a point there." she said as she put the car into gear and drove off.

The parking lot was packed when we got to the school. I was already dreading have to walk into the full stadium in Kale's jersey. I really did not want to have to do this. 

Suck it up! I chastised myself You got yourself into this mess and you are going to see it through.

With that I squared my shoulders and followed along side Kirra into the stadium. Head turned and people gawked as we walked up the bleachers to find a seat. Of course with my luck it was only a few rows up and right in the middle; directly behind the benches where our team would sit. This is just great. 

I was brought out of my self pitying when the crowd started to cheer. Everyone was up on their feet, their eyes directed toward the field where it should've been in the first place and not on me. Kirra reached down and grabbed my arm, hoisting me into a standing position. I followed everyone's line of sight and watched as our team came running out onto the field.