chapter six

we had practice later that evening after we had all gotten settled into our new dorms. it wasn't much different from practice back in Miami.

I stayed with Connie during drills. she was a very good player and was really kind to me.

once practice was over, we went to the locker room to change.

"hey who's that blonde boy you're always talking to? I forgot his name." I asked Connie as I untied my skates on the bench. "oh that's Guy, my boyfriend." she said. "you two are together?! how cute!" I giggled. "aren't you and that Luis boy together?" she questioned. "Luis and I? nooooo! he's my best friend! we've been real close since we were six." I answered quickly. "shoot. you two would make a damn good couple though." she laughed. I smiled a little uncomfortably as I continued changing.

while I slipped my new team USA jersey over my head I felt eyes on me. I had always been able to tell if someone was staring at me. it's like a sixth sense or something.

I tried to ignore the feeling and took off more gear, leaving me only in my undershirt and lower body pads. I finally decided to look around and try to find the source of the feeling.

I looked to the left a little only to see Banks staring right at me. "can I help you?" I giggled. "yeah Banks." said Luis snapping his fingers in Adams face. "is there something you need?"

Luis was trying to defend me, but I wasn't upset to begin with. "Luis he's fine. I was just playing." I said in a strict voice. "sorry man." said Adam to Luis. "no Adam. don't be. Luis was just being a jerk. you don't have a reason to be sorry." I said, defending him.

Luis looked at me angrily. I pouted and gave him a little hug so he wouldn't stay mad at me.

I felt bad for even saying anything. I could tell now that Luis really did not like Adam, and it was mostly my fault.

•••

authors note:
gosh these chapters are too short. I apologize. I'll update tomorrow so stay tuned 😉