chapter nine

Luis apologized to Adam for being to overprotective douche he was at times and Adam accepted the apology. but I knew that deep inside, Luis despised him.

the next day, the team was walking to the rink hurriedly. we were running behind and the game started in five minutes.

as we walked into the rink, the crowd went wild. it was surprisingly full.

I felt my stomach turn when I saw the Trinidad team. it always had made me nervous seeing the opposing team before games.

I clung onto Luis' arm as he skated to the benches and let him do the work for me. I just slid along the newly zambonied ice, still holding tightly to his arm. "you can let go now, Hallie." he laughed as he tried to stop to walk into the benches. I giggled then let go and sat down by him and Connie.

the game started a moment later and Adam was facing off. USA got the puck. Adam passed it to Guy, who passed it to Dean, who passed it to Fulton and a goal was made. that was fast.

Fulton and Dean chest bumped and pumped up the crowd a little. all the players on the bench, including Connie and I, cheered. we were only 25 seconds into the game and already winning.

it was the second period and the score was 1-0 still. I hadn't played yet and neither had Luis.

"Bradley! Mendoza! get out there!" shouted coach as Averman and Kenny skated in. Luis and I excitedly skated out and high fived each other.

USA had the puck. next thing I know, Jesse passed the puck to me. I skated with it for a moment, right down the middle of the rink, then passed it to Adam. he shot and made it passed the goalie just as the second period was over and the crowd cheered wildly.

we were leading Trinidad 2-0. as I skated to the bench, I heard Luis. "nice shot Banks!" he said to Adam. "thanks man." he said. what was this?! Luis was actually being nice to Adam?! what a shocker.

I was in the game a lot more after that. I made two more assists. one to Connie and the other to Fulton. we beat Trinidad 5-2. I think I really impressed everyone.

as we are all in the locker room, getting ready to head back to the dorms, coach came in.

"I'm very proud of you all. you really impressed me tonight! keep up the good work. we have practice here tomorrow afternoon at 6. see you all there!" he announced proudly and then headed out.

I was really starting to love my new team.

•••

authors note:
hey everyone!
I hope you are enjoying my book so far. I know this chapter sucked, but stay tuned, it'll get much better. 😉👌🏻