chapter twelve

at 6 o'clock we were out practicing. practice was usually fun for us, coach Bombay was great. he always said that hockey was supposed to be fun; and he always made it that way for us.

coach was letting us skate around freely for awhile, so I skated alone for a few minutes until Adam skated up beside me.

"hey why are you skating alone? are you alright?" he asked. "yes I'm fine, Adam." I said. "oh okay. I can leave if you want." he said sadly as he started to skate off. "no Adam!" I laughed "you don't have to leave." I said as I grabbed his hand and pulled him back to me. "okay, good." he blushed.

"hey, I'm really sorry about this morning. I got a little carried away." he said, looking down at the ice.

I was brought aback to their hilarious argument from that morning. I started laughing so hard that I tripped over my own skate, fell over, and slid across the ice; all while dying of laughter.

Adam quickly rushed after me to see if I was okay.

"oh my god! Hallie are you alright?!" he asked, concerned.

"I'm fine!" I said, laughing my ass off.

he tried to help me up but when I reached for his hand, his glove slid off and I fell backwards.

I started laughing uncontrollably. as I laid on the cold, hard ice.

"Hallie I'm so sorry!!" he laughed. "it's fine!" I giggled as I put my hand in his.

he pulled me up and when I stood, we were almost face to face, except he was much taller than me.  

my hands were still in his. we stood there for a moment, then he began to lean in, until we both realized that the whole team was watching us.

when we noticed them, they all started to giggle, except for Luis who seemed to be desperately holding back his emotions.

I turned red and giggled a little. "nothing to see here." I laughed as I let go of Adams hands and continued skating around the rink in hopes that the others would get back to skating too.

they giggled a little more before they continued their free skating. thank god Coach and miss McKay didn't see anything.  

I skated over to Luis who was skating slowly with his head down. "I'm sorry Luis." I said while grasping his gloved hand in mine as we skated.

"don't worry, Hallie. I know that I shouldnt make a big deal out of things like that now. I don't need to start more drama." he said. I could tell he was still upset, but trying to hold in his emotions.

"but I'm still going to be overprotective of you. I don't want my Hallie getting hurt." he laughed. I looked over at him and giggled.

a moment later, Adam skated up next to us. I quickly let go of Luis hand and he frowned at me.

"hey, my dudes." he said. "hey Adam." I said, quietly. "hey... bro." said Luis, annoyed.

"sorry about this morning, man. I didn't mean what I said. your eyes aren't crossed, man." said Adam to Luis. I started to giggle.

"it's fine. don't worry about it." said Luis.

there was a moment of silence until we had to start drills.