chapter fifteen

that evening, I stepped out onto the ice with my team, determined to win our game against Italy.

they were easy opponents, so we didn't have trouble getting away with another victory. we beat them 3-1. I even made an assist to Connie.

we played a fair game and I was proud of myself and my team.

in the locker room, things were pretty normal for once. there was no arguing and we were enjoying each other's company as we changed.

mt teammates were chanting and cheering, but all I could think about was how excited I was to go out with Adam later.

"without you, Hallie, I wouldn't have scored that goal. thanks for the assist." Connie excitedly said. "no problem." I laughed as I threw a t-shirt on.

when I noticed Adam walking towards me, a soft grin grew across my lips.

"hey, Hallie. you did really good tonight!" he said. "thanks. as did you." I blushed.

"so what time do you want to go get ice cream?" he asked. "what was that?" asked Connie, suspiciously.

"oh! Hallie and I are going out tonight. just as friends though." Adam quickly stated. "yeah." I laughed.

"ohhh, I thought you two were going on a date!" she giggled. Adam and I laughed uncomfortably.

a moment later, Luis snuck up and hugged me from behind. I elbowed him in the ribs and he quickly let go of me. "ouch!" he yelped while we all giggled.

"hey Hal, are you busy tonight?" he flirtatiously asked me. I nervously looked over at Adam who had a worried expression on his face.

"umm. I... have to buy new hockey pads, the ones I have now are getting kinda old." I said, nervously. I was quite proud of myself for coming up with a believable excuse so quickly.

"I can come with you if you want!" suggested Luis. I rolled my eyes. "no thanks." I kindly rejected. "well, okay. I'm heading out. see you later." he said as he tossed his bag over his shoulder then left the locker room.

I looked back at Adam. "I'll go to my dorm right now and throw on some better clothes. I'll meet you at the bench outside the dorm building at 7:30. okay?" I said. "sounds good to me!" he said, smiling.

I headed out the doors. once I was out of the locker room and outside, I took a few steps and quickly ran the rest of the way.

I planned on doing more than just changing clothes. I wanted to put on a little makeup too, just to spruce up my face a bit and make me look pretty.

once I got to my dorm I put on mascara and eyeshadow, then put a little powder on my face.

I threw on my favorite flowy dress with some white converse and brushed out my hair.

the maroon color of my dress looked really nice on me, and it matched with my shoes quite well too.

when I looked at the time, it was 7:25, so I quickly checked myself in the mirror once more before heading out to the bench.

when I arrived, Adam was sitting there waiting for me, kicking the rocks and dirt with his shoes.

he looked up and our eyes met, he smiled wide.

"hey Hal." he said. "hey Banksie." I giggled.

he looked really nice. he was wearing a t-shirt with khaki shorts and his hair looked cute.

"you look great." he said quietly as he blushed. "thank you." I giggled.

we walked the short distance to the ice cream shop, just talking about hockey.