chapter eleven

I woke up the next morning around 8 o'clock. the first thought on my mind was Luis. I was starting to fall for him, but I also liked Adam. Jesus, I was a mess.

I forced myself out of bed and walked into the kitchen. the place was surprisingly quiet, no one was up yet. everyone was so exhausted from the game last night.

I opened the fridge and looked for something to eat and drink. I found some orange juice and poured a glass, then searched for something to eat. I spotted some frozen chocolate chip waffles and immediately grabbed them and found a toaster. I put them in and stood against the counter as I waited for them to be done cooking.

I was scared shitless when I looked over to see Adam standing there.

"good morning, Hallie." he said, laughing at me. "good morning Adam." I giggled as I blushed.

"I didn't get a chance to tell you last night, but you did really good at the game. you're like, the best girl hockey player I know." he told me, smiling. "thanks. you did really good too." l said as I smiled at the ground.

I jumped and squealed a little when the waffles popped up from the toaster.

"gosh. that's one thing I've noticed about you, Hallie, you scare so easily!" he said as he laughed at me. "I know." I giggled. "it's kinda cute." he said quietly as if he were just talking to himself.

I started to blush even more and my stomach fluttered as I took out my waffles and put them on a plate.

as I went to find the syrup, Dwayne walked into the kitchen.

"howdy y'all!" he hollered. I rolled my eyes and laughed. "how are y'all?" asked Dwayne. "tired." Adam and I said in unison. "I'm not! but I sure am hungry!" he said as he opened the fridge. Adam and I giggled to ourselves.

more of my teammates gathered into the kitchen for breakfast.

Luis walked into the kitchen. once he spotted me, he quickly walked over to me and hugged me tightly. when he let go, I saw him shoot Banks a dirty look.

I thought they were cool? ugh whatever.

"you did so good last night Hallie!" he told me. "so I've heard." I giggled, looking at Adam. it was quiet for a moment before Adam broke the silence.

"I like your sweatshirt." he said to me.

"thanks it's mine." said Luis. "did I ask?" sassed Adam. "no but you asked for this!" said Luis as he put his finger on Adam's shirt.

"hey man what's that on your shirt?!" asked Luis. when Adam looked down, Luis hit him under his chin and I couldn't help but laugh.

Adam looked at Luis emotionlessly.

l was dying of laughter as they kept arguing.

"you're a jerk!" said Adam. "shut up with your giraffe lookin ass!" said Luis. "shut your face you poptart juggling thunder fart!" hollered  Adam.

even though they were seriously arguing, I was laughing hysterically; and so were my teammates that had been watching the whole thing go down.

"what the hell is that supposed to mean?! come up with some better comebacks you fat lard." shouted Luis.

"fine! your eyes are so crossed that when you cry your tears roll down your back!" laughed Adam. "I never cry! I ain't no wimpy little pig like you!" yelled Luis.

"this ends tonight!" hollered Adam. "it's daytime you douche!" yelled Luis.

everyone was dying of laughter. Luis and Adam were fighting over me! the two were coming up with the stupidest comebacks I'd ever heard, and it was hysterical!

"what is going on in here?!" asked miss McKay as she walked into the kitchen.

"Banks and Luis were arguing!" laughed Goldberg. "you two break it up. and if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all." she said, calmly.

Luis and Adam looked at each other with narrow eyes.

after a moment of gathering myself to stop laughing, I grabbed my waffle and headed to my dorm room. Luis trailed behind me.

"that was the funniest thing I've ever seen!" I laughed as we both sat down on my bed. "I have to admit it was. but he's a jerk! always trying to prove he's better!" he said.

"just stay away from him alright?" I said. "anything for you, Hallie." he smiled.

the two of us spent the day with Julie, Connie, Guy, and Dean until it was time for practice.

•••

authors note:
this chapter still has me dying I cAnt!😂
I got a lot of the lines from the movie Blades of Glory btw (it's hilarious you should watch it!!)

but anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thought it was as funny as I did! ❣