chapter thirty two

"what's this?!" the commentators shouted. "team USA has changed jersies! Surprisingly, this isnt against the rules!" one of the commentators said.

I smiled as my team and I proudly skated to our positions; some of us to the bench and others to the ice.

Adam won the first faceoff of the period and passed the puck to me. I skated as fast as I could to get away from the two large Icelanders chasing after me.

I noticed Dwayne in the corner near the goal, slamming the bottom of his stick on the ice, trying to get me to pass to him. I passed the puck over to him just before two Iceland players knocked me over.

I heard the slam of a stick against the ice just before the goal horn went off. we scored!

"great job Dwayne!" everyone shouted as we huddled around and hugged him.

the score was 2-4 now, with just 19 minutes remaining in the third period.

we could make it happen.

after minutes of missed shots and struggling to keep control of the puck, we still trailed by two points.

"line change!" shouted coach Bombay. it was a relief to get to sit back down on the bench, I was tired out.

there was 13 minutes and 22 seconds left in the period; a lot could happen in that amount of time.

Averman took center and got the puck to Luis at the faceoff. he took off at top speed with the puck and didn't look back. he made it down to the goal and abruptly stopped in front of the goalie, spraying him with ice.

"i stopped!" he shouted.

"put it in Luis!" I yelled from the bench. he took a shot and made it right past the goalie, causing the crowd to cheer wildly as the goal horn went off.

Luis skated over to me and lifted his helmet. "you stopped!" I smiled. he leaned in and gave me a peck on the lips. "I know." he smirked as he winked at me.

I looked behind me and coach gave me a funny look, then chuckled. "get out there, Bradley." he said, patting my back. I hopped over the boards and got to my position.

Iceland won the puck at the faceoff, but Dean somehow got it from them. he passed the puck Fulton, who took his famous slapshot and got the puck right past the Iceland goalie, nearly putting a hole through the back of the net. the crowd went wild as we all skated to Fulton and hugged him.

the game was tied now; 4-4. it was anyone's game, but I knew we could win it.

more and more time passed; no one scored. the game was still tied and time was running out.

there was 3 minutes on the clock when coach Bombay finally called for a line change. I skated up to the bench and sat between Adam and Connie, who were both just as anxious about the game as I was.

"a lot can happen in three minutes." said Adam. "I know." i said as i nervously played with the tape on the top of my stick.

I looked up just in time to see the puck drop. Averman won possession of the puck and passed it to Guy, who then passed to Ken. Ken wasn't used to having the puck, so he quickly got the puck over to Jesse. he maneuvered through the Icelanders who were trying to steal the puck from him and took a shot at the goal.

Jesse missed, and Iceland got the puck.

Sanderson skated quickly to the other side of the ice. just before he took his shot, the buzzer went off.

that was the period.

"well the game is tied! looks like we're going to need to have a shootout!" shouted the commentators.

I hated shootouts; they always made me nervous and they were so unpredictable.

"we've got this." said Connie to Adam and I.

"let's hope."

authors note;
hello and merry Christmas Eve Eve everyone!

this chapter isn't the best but i hope you guys liked it!❤️

i will try to finish uploading the rest of the chapters over the next few days as a christmas gift from me to you guys. ;))

love you all and don't forget to vote & comment!😌