06

"Where is she?" Tony asked frantically as soon as he got off the plane. Pepper gave her boss a confused look. "Who?" Pepper asked. "Maya. Where's Maya?" Tony asked as he looked around, hoping to see the little girl that he had to apologize to.

Tony looked at Pepper and she almost gasped at how angry he looked. "Please tell me you did not listen to me and send her away," Tony said. "I-I didn't. She's at home, Mr. Stark," Pepper assured him.

Tony sighed in relief and got in his car, Pepper right behind him. "Where to?" Happy asked. Pepper glanced at Tony who had a sling, cuts, and cruises. "Take us to the hospital," Pepper stated. Tony shook his head and said, "No.

Pepper looked at Tony surprised. "No? Tony, you have to go to the hospital," Pepper said. "I don't have to do anything. I escaped captivity for three months. Excuse me, but there are three things I want to do. I want an American cheeseburger. I want you to call for a press conference now. And the other-" Tony paused when he saw Pepper shaking her head in disgust.

"It's not what you think. I want to go home and apologize to Maya," Tony said. This caused Pepper to freeze. "What?" Pepper asked in shock. "I want to go home and apologize to Maya," Tony stated again. "Really?" Pepper asked. "Okay, are you going to keep asking questions or are you going to set up the press conference like I asked you to do?" Tony asked.

Pepper shut up and quickly took out her phone. Tony smiled and said, "Hogan. Drive. Cheeseburger first."

-----

When Tony arrived at the press conference, he was immediately surrounded by a crowd of clapping people. Tony sighed. All he wanted was to get this over with so he could go home.

Stane walked over and hugged Tony while asking, "Why aren't you in the hospital?" Tony ignored the man and took his burger from Happy. "You had to get a burger," Stane muttered. Tony shrugged and Stane asked, "Did you get me one of those?" Tony shook his head and said, "Nope."

Tony walked in to the building and everyone started cheering. Tony made his way up to the stage and surprised everyone when he sat down on the edge of the stage. "Hey, would it be alright if everyone sat down, please? That way you can see me and I can see you, a little less formal then," Tony said. Everyone gave each other looks wondering what was going on, but took a seat anyways. Tony grabbed his burger and took a bite out of it before he began speaking.

"I never got to say goodbye to Dad. I never got to say goodbye to my father. There's questions I would ask. I would ask him what he felt about what his company did. If he was conflicted. If he ever had doubts. Or maybe he was every inch the man we remember from the news reels. I saw young Americans killed by the very weapons I created to defend and protect them. And I saw that I had become part of a system that is comfortable with zero accountability-" Tony trailed off.

"Mr. Stark!" The reporters all interrupted. Tony gritted his teeth, but remained calm. Tony gestured towards one of the men sitting on the floor. "What happened over there?" the man asked.

"I had my eyes opened," Tony stated as he got up and walked to the podium. "I came to realize that I had more to offer this world than just making things that blow stuff up and that is why effective immediately, I am shutting down the weapons manufacturing-" Tony's voice was drowned out by all of the commotion the reporters were making.

Tony tried to continue speaking, but Stane pushed him away. Stane then tried to calm down the reporters while Tony walked straight out of the room. Now it was time to go see Maya.