11

Maya spun around in her chair bored out of her mind. It was the next day and Tony was still mad about his flight test going wrong. He kept trying to figure out how to fix the flaw in his suit, but he wouldn't take any advice from Maya.

"I think using gold-titanium for your suit will fix the problem," Maya suggested as she spun around faster. Tony ignored her and Maya sighed as she came to a stop. She looked over at Tony who was talking to J.A.R.V.I.S. "Note: main transducer feels sluggish at plus 40 altitude. The whole pressurization is problematic. I'm thinking 'icy' is a probable factor," Tony said.

Maya burst out laughing and asked, "You think?" Tony glared at Maya while J.A.R.V.I.S., said, "A very astute observation, sir. Perhaps if you intend to visit other planets, we should improve the exo systems." "Connect to the Cisco, have it reconfigure the shell metals," Tony paused and glanced at Maya who was watching TV.

"Use the gold-titanium alloy from the Seraphim tactical satellite. That should ensure the fuselage integrity while maintaining power-to-weight ratio. Got it?" Tony asked. "Yes. Shall I render using proposed specifications?" J.A.R.V.I.S. asked. "Thrill me," Tony replied.

"Tony! They are talking about you in TV!" Maya exclaimed. Tony shrugged. "People talk about me all the time," Tony replied. "They're talking about some benefit of yours," Maya told him. Tony looked up at the TV to see what Maya was talking about.

"Tonight's red hot, red carpet is right here at the Disney Concert Hall, where Tony Stark's third annual benefit for the Firefighters Family Fund has become the place to be. . ." Tony furrowed his eyebrows in confusion which Maya noticed. "You didn't know about this?" Maya asked. Tony shook his head. "J.A.R.V.I.S., did we get an invite from them?" Tony asked. "I have no record of the invitation, sir," J.A.R.V.I.S. replied.

Maya let out a laugh. "You didn't get invited to your own benefit!" Maya laughed before turning her attention back to the screen. "He hasn't been seen in public since his bizarre and highly controversial press conference," the reporter on the TV said. A picture of Tony at the press conference a month ago popped up on the screen as the reporter kept talking.

"Some claim he's suffering from PTS and has been bed ridden for weeks. Whatever the case may be, no one expects an appearance from him tonight," the reporter went on. Tony snapped his attention away from the TV when J.A.R.V.I.S. said, "The render is complete." Tony looked at his computer and saw the design for his new suit. He frowned when he saw that it was completely gold.

"Little ostentatious, don't you think?" Tony asked J.A.R.V.I.S. "What was I thinking? You're usually so discrete," J.A.R.V.I.S. said. Tony looked over at Maya and then the drawing of her dream suit that was laying on his desk and then at one of his many cars. "Tell you what. . .throw a little hot rod red in it," Tony said. J.A.R.V.I.S. was silent for a moment before responding, "Yes, that should help you keep a low profile. The render is complete."

Tony looked at the screen and saw that the suit design looks exactly like Maya's drawing. Tony smiled and said, "Yeah, I like it. Fabricate it and paint it." "Commencing an automated assembly. Estimated completion time is five hours," J.A.R.V.I.S. told Tony. "Don't wait up for me, honey," Tony muttered before looking at Maya.

"Hey, kid. How would you like to go and crash my own party?" Tony asked. A mischievous glint flashed through Maya's eyes and a smile grew on her face as she said, "I thought you'd never ask."

-----

"I'd much rather be wearing some jeans and a black leather jacket," Maya grumbled as Tony parked his car. She shifted uncomfortably in her dress while Tony rolled his eyes. This was the tenth time she had complained since they left the house. "Well then why did you wear the dress?" Tony asked. "Because you told me that I couldn't wear my jeans and leather jacket!" Maya exclaimed. Tony frowned and muttered, "Oh, yeah."

Life as Maya Stark • Iron Man's Daughter [ 1 ]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें