15

Pepper ignored what the girl and said about how she should've stayed home and quickly grabbed her arm before saying, "Maya, we got to go!" "Right!" Maya exclaimed before her, Pepper, and Natasha started to run away from the drones.

Everyone was screaming and shoving as Maya tried to stay close to Pepper and Natasha. It took them a couple of minutes, but they finally escaped the crowd and Pepper pulled them behind the stage where they had seen Justin Hammer disappear to.

They walked around into the back and caught sight of Justin just in time to hear the technician say, "He's locked us out of the mainframe."

"Who's locked you out of the mainframe?" Pepper asked and Mr. Hammer turned to look at the three in surprise. "Please, please, go away. Go away. I've got this handled," Justin told them.

Maya gave him a look and crossed her arms. "Really? So those drones that are out there attacking the crowd and shooting at my father are what you consider handled?" Maya asked.

He went to respond, but his mouth clamped shut before he muttered again, "I've got this handled." "Have you now?" Pepper practically yelled at the man. "Yes, I do. In fact, if your guy hadn't showed up, this wouldn't be happening. So, please, now go away. Thank you," Hammer told them.

Maya's mouth dropped. "Oh, I know he did not just blame this on Tony. If only I had my blaster right now, I would-" Maya started to say, but Natasha just placed a hand on her shoulder to shut her up. Maya looked up at her and Natasha gave her a small smile and whispered, "Watch this."

Natasha then let go of Maya and walked over to Justin Hammer before grabbing ahold of him and slamming his body against the desk. Pepper yelped in surprise while Maya cheered the red head on.

"You tell me who's behind this. Who's behind this?" Natasha asked in an low voice. Justin didn't respond and Maya watched as Natasha tightened her grip on the man which instantly made him squeal out, "Ivan. Ivan Vanko."

"Where is he?" Natasha asked. "At my facility," Justin told her. Natasha then let him go and turned back towards Maya who was staring at her in admiration.

"You're my hero. Can you teach me how to do that?" Maya asked making Natasha smirk. "We can talk about this later. We've got to survive this first," Natasha told her and Maya nodded her head.

"You stay with Pepper, you hear?" Natasha asked as she started to walk away. Maya nodded her head before calling after her, "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to go find Ivan."

And with that, Natasha rounded the corner and was gone.

Maya smiled after her and turned to tell Pepper how cool Natasha was when she noticed that Pepper was busy talking to the technician. Maya frowned at that and the screams of all of the people filled her ears. Maya bit her lip nervously before making sure that Pepper wasn't paying attention. As soon as Pepper was looking the other way, Maya slipped past her and quickly ran out one of the back doors and towards the front where people were running around frantically.

Maya gulped nervously before yelling, "The exit is to the right! I need everyone to get out of here as fast as you can!" A few people heard her shouts and started running in the direction that she said. Once people saw them running, everyone started to follow after them and Maya sighed in relief once she saw the people starting to escape.