6

The cars took off and Maya immediately rolled her eyes as the sound of the cheering fans came from the Tv. "What does he think he is doing?" Pepper whispered out in anger. "It's my dad. Do you really expect anything less?" Maya asked.

Pepper went to argue, but she sighed and looked down at the table. "True," She muttered. Maya glanced back at the Tv and squinted her eyes at the sight. "What the-" Maya muttered as a man in orange appeared on the screen.

He had just walked out on to the middle of the track and had stopped a little ways away from the cars. He took off his hat and threw it to the ground before pulling back his suit to reveal what a machine strapped to his chest. What looked like two whips fell down by his sides and started to sparkle with electricity, but Maya wasn't staring at that. She was too busy staring at the giant glowing circle in the corner of the man's chest.

"Is that-?" Pepper started to ask. "An arc reactor," Maya muttered as she quickly stood up and started to run off.

"Maya!" Pepper yelled. "Dad's in trouble!" Maya yelled back, not slowing down her pace as she ran out of the room. She started to run down the stairs towards the track where she caught sight of Happy walking calmly with the red suitcase in hand.

"Happy!" Maya exclaimed and Happy looked up at her with a smile. "Hey, Ma-woah, wait. What's wrong?" Happy asked, his smile disappearing at the sight of the girl's distressed face.

"Evil man on track. Has arc reactor. Giant electric whips. Tony in danger," Maya breathed out as she quickly ran past Happy and towards the car. "Come on!"

Maya quickly hopped in and looked back at Happy who was staring at her. "Happy!" Maya whined. Happy's eyes widened, "Oh. Oh! Sorry!" Happy then started running over to the car at the same time that Pepper came running out of the building.

"Maya Stark!" Pepper exclaimed. "Come on, Pepper. There will be time to lecture me later. Now, let's go!" Maya told her, her nerves skyrocketing at the thought of them possibly being too late to save her father.

Pepper's mouth hung open before she quickly clamped it shut and hopped into the car. Happy quickly got into the front seat and threw the suitcase onto Maya's lap. "Everyone buckled?" Happy asked. Maya glared at the man and yelled, "Happy, drive!"

"Right, sorry."

Happy quickly turned the car on and put it into drive before stomping his foot on the pedal. Maya instantly flew back along with Pepper and the two groaned as their heads whacked the side of the car.

"Wouldn't have happened if you were wearing seatbelts."

"Happy!"

"Sorry."

The car flew across the lot until it eventually reached the gate onto the track. There were men waving their hands telling them to stop, but Happy chose to ignore them. "Hang on!" Happy exclaimed before running through the gate.

Pepper let out a scream and quickly covered Maya in case something were to break. The two pried their eyes opened as they noticed Happy start speeding down the track.

"Where is he?" Pepper asked. Maya bit her lip nervously before grabbing Pepper's phone which had fallen out of her purse when they had made that sharp turn. "Maya, what are you doing?" Pepper asked as the small girl began typing away on her phone.