10

Maya stared at the house in front of her with a frown on her face. Her backpack was strapped on tightly, her jeans were wiped clean of dirt, her shirt was free of wrinkles, and her hair was free of its tangles. Maya was getting a serious case of deja vu, but this time the house looked like a nightmare more than a dream house.

She stared at the house for a second longer before walking up to the door. It took her a minute to allow herself to open the door, but once she did, she instantly wished she hadn't. The wreckage looked worse in the daylight than it did at night.

She blinked quickly and leaned her head back slightly and muttering, "If you lean back then the tears will go back." That made her giggle slightly and a small smile was on her face as she thought of the time her mother had told her that.

The smile was instantly wiped off though once she had brought her head back down. She shook her head slightly and walked across the former living room and over to where the balcony now met the living room. There used to be a big glass window, but it had been ruined that night of the party and had not been fixed since. Nothing had been fixed, in fact. The house had been sitting completely untouched for the last couple of days and since it was unfit for anyone to live in, Maya hadn't been in here since.

Because of the fact that Maya couldn't live in the house at the moment, Pepper had been kind enough to offer her a bed. Tony, on the other hand, had been forced to get a hotel room once Pepper had refused to give him a bed until he fixed his wrongs.

Maya sighed at the thought of Tony and quickly tried to rid herself of any thoughts of him. He hadn't even made an effort to try and talk to her since the party.

Maya wiped some of the excess glass on the floor away with the bottom of her sneaker before sitting down in the now glassless spot. She then pulled her knees close to her body before just gazing at the ocean in front of her.

Getting out of Pepper's watchful gaze had been hard, but Maya was eventually able to convince Pepper that she was going to take a nap before she had them climbed out of the window so she could come here. Why she had wanted to come here? Maya didn't know. But something about being home and just being able to see the vast blue in front of her made her calm down for the first time in days.

Maya sighed contently when a voice from behind her asked, "Maya?" Maya froze in place and quickly whipped her head around to see Natalie standing in the living room in a skintight suit and long curly hair.

"Natalie?" Maya asked as she gave the girl a questioning look. Natalie stared at her in shock. "Uh. . ." Natalie started to say, but a voice quickly cut her off.

"Agent Romanoff, what's the hold up?" a voice asked and Maya's eyes widened at the sight of the bald man from a couple of months ago. The man didn't even pause in his tracks as he looked over at Natalie. "Agent Romanoff, I asked you a question," Nick Fury said.

Maya watched in surprise as three men followed behind him and walked out onto the balcony to look around. Maya quickly pushed her questions about those men away as she looked over at Natalie.

"Agent? Romanoff?" Maya questioned, but Fury didn't even glance in her direction. Natalie just glanced at Fury before gesturing towards Maya. "I know. You really don't think I noticed that Maya Stark was sitting right there when I walked in? I may be missing an eye, but I'm not blind!" Fury exclaimed making Natalie look away.