08

"Have a great first day of school," Pepper told Maya happily. Maya smiled and then kissed Pepper's cheek before getting out of the car. "Bye, Pepper! Bye, Happy!" Maya called out as she made her way up the stairs of Pepperdine University. Happy Hogan and Pepper waved at Maya before driving off.

Maya's smile instantly faded and she looked up at the big building in front of her. Today was her first day of college and to say that Maya was nervous was an understatement.

When Tony had told Maya that he would be signing her up for school, Maya had laughed, thinking that Tony was joking. Maya had already finished the rest of her high school year online and now she lived with a smart billionaire. There was absolutely no reason for Maya to go back to school, or at least that's what she thought.

Tony, however, had told Maya that she was required to go to college. He had told her about all the wonderful degrees she could get and he made sure to tell her how he wanted her to get a degree in computer science. Maya wanted to make her father proud and wanted to eventually work side by side with him, so she had hastily agreed.

Tony had Pepper then sign Maya up for college at Pepperdine University. Tony didn't want to admit it, but Maya knew that he just wanted his daughter closer to home.

Maya was snapped out of her thoughts when people started pushing past her. "Watch it, kid!" some exclaimed. "What is a baby doing here?" some of the snotty students had asked with a laugh.

Maya tried to hold back her tears and walked in to the building. Pepper had already gone with Maya to get her schedule, so Maya was already making her way to her first class, Formal Methods.

Maya walked through the hallways with her head down. The students would shove her and some even shoved her against the walls. Knowing that her father wouldn't want her to give up, Maya held her head high and continued her way to class.

Eventually after a lot of shoving and pushing, Maya finally arrived at her classroom. Maya sighed in relief and looked around for an empty seat. The only one she could find was one that was up front. Maya mentally groaned and then made her way up front.

Maya sat down in between a boy and a girl. The boy looked at Maya confused and asked, "What is a baby like you doing here?" "I-I'm getting a degree in computer science," Maya stuttered. "Awe, look guys, the baby's stuttering," the boy said. A bunch of snickers were heard and Maya fought back her tears.

"Mr. Robinson!" the teacher exclaimed. The boy looked at Maya one last time before turning to face the teacher. "I would like to think that you were laughing with Miss Stark and not at her," the teacher said. The boy's and everyone else in the room's eyes widened. "Stark?" The boy asked.

"Yes, that girl sitting next to you is Maya Stark, the daughter of billionaire Tony Stark," the teacher said. Everyone all looked at Maya and then back at the teacher. Before Maya knew what was going on, everyone started asking questions.

"How did your dad escape?"

"Are you rich?

"What is it like being a Stark?"

Maya sighed and tried to answer everyone's questions, including the teacher's. Most of her answers consisted off.

"He escaped in a suit of iron."