8

"Shh. Be quiet or he will hear us!" Maya exclaimed. It was a few weeks later and Maya's arm had almost completely healed. It still hurt from time to time, but other than that it was doing fine.

Tony hadn't talked to her since the accident. Maya had tried to talk to him, but he would always make up some excuse or tell Maya it was time for her to get to school. It hurt to see him do that, but Maya tried to shrug it off and had instead filled her free time with planning Tony's surprise party.

Maybe he hadn't been there for her birthday, but she would be there for his.

The robots, who had all been moving around the room crashing into things, froze slightly before moving to face Maya. Maya giggled and held up some streamers before saying, "If you're going to run around everywhere, might as well put streamers out."

They all sped over to her and she gave each one different color streamers. They then began to unroll them as they sped across the lab  decorating the white floor with a bunch of colors.

Maya laughed before turning around to see the slideshow that J.A.R.V.I.S. had made. There were pictures of Tony from when he was little all the way until now appearing on a screen on an endless loop. "I love the slideshow, J.A.R.V.I.S. You did amazing!" Maya said.

"Thank you, Miss Maya," J.A.R.V.I.S. replied. "It is currently 5:56 and you asked for Mr. Stark to come down at 6. He should be coming sometime soon, so I would suggest putting up that banner."

Maya nodded and quickly went over to one of the lab tables before picking up a banner that read "Happy 37th Birthday Tony!". Maya smiled to herself before having one of Tony's robots help her hang up the sign.

She stepped down from the table and took a look around the room with a big grin on her face. There was the banner hanging up above Tony's suits, the streamers flung around the room, balloons everywhere, a cake sitting on top of one of the tables, and some presents sitting in a pile next to the cake. Maya couldn't help but grin bigger at the sight. Everything was perfect.

Now she just had to wait.

Maya walked over to one of the seats and sat down with her smile still on her face. Pepper, Rhodey, and Happy had some stuff they had to do, but would be coming later, so it was just Maya, the robots, and J.A.R.V.I.S. for now.

Maya was dressed up in a nice dress and had her guitar propped up against a chair beside her. She had planned to sing to Tony as he walked in and then one of her presents to him was a song that she had written herself.

Maya swung her legs from her chair, the tips of her feet just barely brushing against the floor. "J.A.R.V.I.S., the time?" Maya asked.

There was a moment of silence before he responded, "It is currently 6:01." Maya felt her heart sink a little, but she shrugged it off thinking that her father was just a couple of minutes behind.

But what had only been a couple of minutes quickly turned into an hour and then that hour turned into two. Maya was frowning by now and her eyes teared up slightly as she sniffed.

"J-J.A.R.V.I.S., time?" Maya asked. "It is currently 8:15. I'm sorry, Miss Maya, but I don't think Mr. Stark will be showing up tonight," J.A.R.V.I.S. responded.

A tear rolled down Maya's cheek and she quickly wiped it away before whispering out in a heartbroken voice, "It's okay."