Chapter 1: Wait. What?

Piper was digging through boxes, attempting to somewhat unpack. She and Alex
had just moved into their new home. A nice four bedroom, two bathroom house with a balcony. A master bedroom, one extra room for storage, and the remaining two rooms for Piper and Alex's offices.

As she was digging, she came across the pictures she had developed almost a year ago. In the folder contained the pictures of her niece, Goodall Chapman. The pictures were taken over a year ago, when Goodall was just born. She was skimming through the pictures, tearing up. Not only had she not seen her niece since she had been born and that her brother Cal included Piper's name as Goodall's middle name, she could not believe how big she had gotten. From the pictures Cal sent her on the phone, she could tell that Goodall looked like her brother a lot and that she was growing fast and would not stop anytime soon. She wished she lived closer to them, but Alex wanted to live in Manhattan and Piper had to admit she kinda liked it there too. As she scanned the photos, she saw her brother Cal holding his newborn daughter, one photo of her mother being a pest as usual, and then she came across the one that made her tear up the most: the one of Alex holding Goodall. In the picture, she could see Alex not really knowing how to hold her and being squirmy. She flashed back to the conversation they had when they had left the hospital to walk back to their apartment in Manhattan.

"You were rather squirmy with her," said Piper.

"She's a squirmy kid," Alex said, smiling.

"Yeah. She is so cute. I can't wait to spoil her!" Piper said with a smile on her face, then kissing Alex.

Alex kissed Piper back, then grabbed ahold of her hand, hoping Piper would not bring up the thought of them having children.

"Our kids are gonna be sooo spoiled!" said Piper, smile still painted on her face. Piper had talked about kids with Alex before, but Alex also quickly changed the subject when Piper brought it up.

Alex's stomach turned in a knot when she heard that. "Is she still on that?", she thought in her head. She honestly thought she would be sick at that moment.

"Mmhm, yeah. Let's get home. It's getting really dark."

Alex loved Piper, and she knew Piper knew that, but kids was just not in the cards for her, ring on the finger or not. She knew Piper wanted to have a family back when they first started dating before prison, but she hoped that life after prison would be different and that Piper would want to travel the world with Alex because they lost nearly 10 years together.

The smile on Piper's face had disintegrated into nothing, much like her heart at that moment. She felt lousy for even bringing it up, for she knew Alex would change the subject again. She wished Alex would just come out and tell her how she felt about it instead of tiptoeing around her. She wished she had the guts to confront her about it, but she never liked to fight with Alex.

Piper came back into reality with tears in her eyes. This was going to end once and for all. She going to confront Alex.