Chapter 14 - Niall Horan

I choke when I hear the words and the world starts spinning around me. I feel really dizzy and it’s not in the cheesy romantic way. I really feel ill and I may throw up right here, right now. I didn’t just kiss a celebrity, I kissed one of the biggest celebrities nowadays, someone whom everyone is talking about, someone whom everyone wants. My stepsister wants him and drools over him!

Out of all the celebrities in this retreat centre I had to kiss Niall Horan. Really? It could’ve been any other! Even Harry, he doesn’t have a girlfriend and I know I’m not his style. He told me that! And we don’t have that connection outside the ball. It would be safe.

No, I refuse to believe Mystery Guy is Niall. No, any other celebrity but not him. And he has his girlfriend, Zoe!

Oh God… is that why she asked for her own room? But she’s still here, they are still spending time together. I’ve seen them. It’s not really over then, so they are still somehow together… kind of.

Oh God… I kissed a boy with a girlfriend. How wrong is that?

I may actually puke, right now. I need to go to the loo.

“Ella? Are you okay?” Liv asks and only then I notice that I’ve been holding my breath all this time since Charlie dropped the bomb and when I look at her, my expression must be of sheer panic because she runs towards me. “Ella, breathe!”

“Niall? No, it can’t be him. He has a girlfriend. I’m not a home wrecker!” I cry out. As if the fact he’s a celebrity isn’t enough.

I knew before that he had a girlfriend, but I didn’t know who she was and I didn't know who he was either; now it’s all worse. And she’s not that bad, I mean, she smiled at me nicely. Probably five celebrities have done that since this became a retreat centre for their kind.

Putting actually faces to the mystery guy and his girlfriend makes everything worse. Why did Charlie have to tell me?

“You’re not!” Charlie hurries to say but I glare daggers at him. “Technically, he’s single and he was single when you kissed him. They haven’t got back together, although they are trying to fix things. Or that’s what I got.”

“IT’S STILL BAD!” I shout and he steps back, caught off guard with my reaction. “Why did you have to tell me?”

“’Cos you deserved to know. He’s your prince charming—”

“He’s not my prince charming, he’s someone else’s. Now I know who that person is and it’s all worse. It makes me sick!”

“Ella, don’t take it like that. He’s looking for you, he wants to find you. That relationship is broken already,” my best friend insists, but I shake my head.

“And probably my presence in the drama is only making things worse. Don’t you see? If that relationship was damaged I probably killed it.”

“You don’t know that for sure,” Olivia says still with one arm around me. “Maybe it was broken long ago. Maybe you only helped him to realise that,” she suggests but I can’t see it like that.

How did I end up in this place?

“No, it wasn't Niall,” I state firmly and pull back, away from Liv and Charlie. “I need air.”

I just run away from my room, leaving my two friends there. My head is a mess, my heart is beating hurtfully in my chest, not knowing how to feel with this information. I don’t want to believe it’s him, I want to go back to that blissful state of ignorance when everything was a mystery. It was easier like that, it was best.