Too Far Gone

Chyna stirred, she could feel sunlight on her face and she felt unusually warm, opening her eyes, she noticed she was not in her bunkhouse, but rather found herself looking at a wooden nightstand. Chyna blinked several times before her eyes trailed up to the window and the sunny morning outside. She gasped and sat up quickly in the bed. Her body sliding out from under Ellison's arms, but he did not seem to wake. Chyna slid herself out of the bed carefully and bolted to the door grabbing her shoes in her hands on the way. She halted at the door and looked back at the Sleeping Ellison, she tilted her head and watched the blankets rise and fall with his breathing, slowly a smile came to her face as she shook her head, stole one last glance and walked out the room.

She walked down the small slope to her bunk house and sat down on her hay stuffed bed. Grabbing the liniment she rubbed it on her still healing feet. She picked her shirt up between her fingers as she changed the sleeves faintly smelled of Ellison and she found herself smiling again the fabric clutched in her fingers. "wait, no!" She yelled at herself mentally as she dropped her shirt to the ground and lightly slapped her cheeks "no Chyna, it ain't right, he's jus' driving you as mad as he is" she told herself.

Changing her clothes Chyna headed out into the early morning, she watered the smaller crops such as the berries and small vegetables before stopping by the hen house and pulling a handful of eggs to get started on breakfast.

Ellison let out a breath of air as he turned his head to the empty space where Chyna had once been. He laid his hand in it and rubbed the bed lightly a smile coming to his face. He didn't understand why she made him so happy but in the end, what did it matter? He could hear her setting up the hearth and Cotton's footsteps lumbering to her. "Morning Chyna!" Cotton called loudly. Ellison's smile grew as he heaved his body out of bed to get dressed for the day.

Chyna talked with Cotton happily as she had finished breakfast. Laying out the food on the table as Ellison walked in buttoning up his shirt. "Chyna" he called to her. Chyna sat the plate of eggs on the table and looked up going to him. "yes Monsieur?" she asked "My fingers seem to have gone silly on me, could you?" He asked gesturing to the last button on his shirt. Chyna furrowed her brow doubtfully as she brought her hands up to the last button and fastened it. "there you are" Chyna said looking up to him, Ellison gazed down at her with a serious expression, which slowly faded into a goofy smile. Cotton watched them for a moment before turning back around with a large grin on his face.

"w-well - ah, Breakfast is ready" Chyna called turning around to lead him to the table, pulling out his chair before striding back to the sink to wash her hands. Ellison sat down next to his son and smiled down at the food before loading up his plate. Chyna dried her hands, fixed her apron strings and went to head for the back door "wait" Ellison called to her, turning his body around in his chair. "come sit a while and eat" He called to her. Chyna smiled gratefully "I've already ate a bit, and besides I woke up late and I am behind on my duties for the day" She said quickly. Ellison shook his head "come on, come eat with us" He said softly still holding his smile. Cotton put his fork down and beamed at her "Please Chyna?" Cotton asked.

Chyna sighed, she had the hardest time saying no to those innocent bright blue eyes. "alright" she said softly with a sighed. "alright fine," she walked back to the table and sat down across from Ellison, who pushed the plate with the remaining eggs over to her. "you point play fair, sending Cotton after me" Chyna said to Ellison leering lightly. Ellison chuckled, "Cotton and I are a team" He said Cotton nodded "yeah!" he cheered. Chyna laughed and found a big smile on her face. As Cotton went back to eating and Ellison went to take a bit himself, Chyna found her gaze on him. Her eyelids lowered into soft gaze. As she shook her head very slightly. Ellison looked up from his food to see her watching him.