When All Goes Right

Cap had finally crossed back into his county, he had his eyes set towards home, about now Chyna could be diming the lights in the Cabin and sending cotton to get ready for bed

Cap had finally crossed back into his county, he had his eyes set towards home, about now Chyna could be diming the lights in the Cabin and sending cotton to get ready for bed. He wondered if he could talk her into pouring him a nice hot bath on his return. Cap's ears turned red and his face grew hot despite the cold night, or better yet - have her join him in said bath.

As Cap's mind started to wander, he lost focus. Unaware of the silhouettes lurking in the darkness of the trees. It might have been the less than proper thoughts roaming through his mind that drowned out the sounds of snapping twigs from his mind. Or the extra bout of exitment over his plan having worked clouded his focus keeping him from noticing the people gathering in his blind spot.

However Pardon was not so preoccupied. The horse became uneasy, her ears pinned back pressed to her skull. She snorted and threw her head back. The movements and odd behavior of Pardon pulled Cap out of his thoughts.

He could hear the foliage rustling, and the light sound of foot falls and hooves clopping around in the dirt and leaves. Seeing the shadows move atou d in the dark made him nervious. Two men to hia good side and, from what he could hear, 3 on his bad.

A sharp of a shooter as Cap was, he could only see faint shadows out of his fogged eye durring the day - at night? He was blind in that eye. He couldn't risk taking on these men, he needed a plan. Moving casually and pretending to be unaware Cap moved his riffle to rest in his arms.

From his blind side a ride cantered up slowly, Cap could feel him getting closer. "Hey" Johnsey called casually. Cap exhaled. And turned to his big brother, he wanted to be mad, but he was also grateful he wasn't left alone. "Well I'll be damn - Ive never been so glad to see you." Cap said with a chuckle.

"Yeah well, thank your pittiful lookin negro. Aint never seen nothin so sorry lookin' in my life." Johnsey mummbled with a sour tongue. "Chyna? Whats wrong - what happened? Hell - wait?" Cap stoped panicking and arched a brow "since when you care?" Cap asked.

Johnsey rolled his eyes "since the one person who looks at my idiot little brother like he's gon' up andcwalk on water is afeared for him." Johnsey said. Cap narrowed his eyes "whys she scared? Whats happened?" Cap asked glancing to make sure the nounty hunters were still keeping a safe distance as the two cantered along.

Johnsey's face became grim "They - Cap, French and Lark are gone." He said his voice apologetic and his words slow. Cap's expression turned to stone and his eyes chilled over. "When?" He asked. "Early this mornin, took Alex to jail - dunno if that actually any better." Johnsey said.

Cap clenched his teeth, as he glared at the road ahead of him. "To hell with all this." Cap whispered, shortly after he fired a around off into the trees beside him. There was a loud cry as a bounty hunter was blown off his horse. The spooked equine took off running into the night

"What the hell, Cap!" Johnsey called, quickly firing his riffle to the oposite side, taking out the four men in Cap's blind spot while Cap fired another round into the second man on his good side.