Unease

Cap gazed up the path in which his mother had headed with Ellison, Cotton and Chyna

Cap gazed up the path in which his mother had headed with Ellison, Cotton and Chyna. His hands balled up tight and eyes glazed over with a icy sheet.

"We got em! We got em Anse!" Tom called out puffing and huffing out of breathe as he came running through the trees, a pleased smile on his face. "We got them bastard McCoys!" Tom cheered. He calmed down and nodded at Anse firmly "we got em" he said again. Anse nodded and went to his horse.

Cap spit at the ground before striding to his horse, mounting it he road behind his father, Johnse, Elias, Selkirk McCoy, Judge Wall and Tom. Blood running cold in his veins.

It wasn't long before the Hatfield posse had come across and cut off the Kentucky Sheriff whom had rounded up the three McCoy brothers. Pharmer's eyes fearfully landed in Cap's cold gaze he quickly looked away "You- you can't let 'em take us Sheriff!" Pharmer pleaded. Tolbert winced and took all of the weight off of his injured leg. Cap smirked at him in a mocking way spotting his dagger jutting out from behind Tolbert's knee.

Tolbert glared at Cap "hand 'em over" Anse demanded from the sheriff. "Will you hand over your Nigger?" The sheriff asked. Cap leered at him through narrow eyes and rested his riffle in his arms "whats she got to do with any of it" he said sharply.

Tolbert met his gaze and smiled bitterly "only the blade sticking out my knee, she chucked it at me like she was some damn Indun!" Tolbert spat. Cap's glare became even colder "y-yeah ain't that called assault?" Pharmer asked. Meanwhile Bud trembled and watched everyone with a daze.

"It ain't when you attack first! And-"

"Cap, Shut pan..." Jim warned him. Cap snapped his mouth shut but clenched his jaw.

"These boys committed a crime against Kentucky law, on Kentucky soil and are obliged to be tried in a Kentucky court" said the Sheriff speaking directly to Judge Wall.

Anse rolled his eyes and readied his pistol "yeah well we'll take 'em anyway" He stated moving his horse forward. "Anse....wait, I'd like to have a word" Judge Wall called. His eyes lingering on the sheriff, nearly unblinking.