Quiet Thunder

Chyna's laughter cut through the cold air, it bounced off of the tree trunks and shuffled across the woodland floor, it shook the birds who tried to keep warm and cast them into flight

Cap smiled to himself and chuckled silently as he waited patiently, stooped low to the ground a carrot in his hand. His eyes glued to the rabbits around him. They were large and all just about the same color. "Cap! Those aint rabbits!" Chyna giggled as they sniffed around, little noses going up and down as they inched closer and closer.

"Nope they is hares. But they're just like rabbits and if we nab two we can raise 'em and cook some when times get rough - should they get rough." said Cap. He reached out a hand to see which ones would run or bite.

Two of the Hares fled, and three remained. One reaching out its body to finally steal a few nibbles from the carrot. The other two took this as a sign and came along sniffing about as if to ask if anymore orange treats were around.

Chyna slowly walked forward, with careful movement she bent down to pick a carrot off of the ground and offered it forward. A hare came to nibble. It took more will power than she could have imagined not to giggle to loudly and run it off.

Cap watched her from the corner of his good eye and grinned as a look of pure joy spread across her face. "Looks like its that one then?" He asked. Chyna nodded "looks like you made two friends yourself." She said.

"Could be a problem, I only brung one blanket."Cap said using his free hand to adjust his hat on his head. Chyna looked down at her hare as it nibbled, with caution she reached out a finger, keeping it within the animals line of sight. For a moment the hare froze, Chyna paused in moving and let it continue to eat. After waiting a beat - she pet the soft fur of the hare's head with her finger.

Soon it let her use of whole hand, and in a careful movement, she scooped the long eared furball into her arms, carrot in hand as it still nibbled.

"This ones real friendly." Chyna said. Cap looked towards his Hare, it had already been looking at him as if to warn "don't try anything funny." This caused Cap to chuckle. He reached to the blanket and gather up the hare. "Ready to head home to drop this pair off? Sarah and Arvella built a rabbit hutch back home." said Cap.

He could not hide the amusement on his face as he watched Chyna stroke the hare's fur. "She's so soft Cap." Chyna said with a childlike twinkle in her eyes. She turned her gaze up to him and gave a sheepish smile "you dont forget nothin' do you?" She questioned. Cap winked at her "not if it has got anything to do with you." He said.

Cap released the Hares into yheir new hutch and Mpunted his horse again. "Where to now?" Vhyna asked. Cap smiled faintly "where it started." He said gettong Pardon in to motion.

Catching the Hares and the ride to Caps new location took a bit more time than he'd counted for. Chyna gave a bitersweet smile as they road along "i know these woods." She said, leaning forward she peeped over Caps shoulder. "We goin to your families old place?" She asked.