(OLD) Chapter 25

Note: IF YOU MISS FOSTER FARRAND, HE'S MOMENTARILY BACK.

Please click into KellyAnneBlount's profile and check out the Wattpad Block Party. There's a post in there titled "DISCUSSING COLORS WITH FOSTER FARRAND" in which we explore flowery metaphors and Foster's origin story. FamouX Men: Origins.

(I've never seen X Men before in my life, but apparently we both share that train-crossing X sign and they obviously win in the battle of dibs on it. How splendid.)

Either way, I hope you like Foster's innermost thoughts. If you read both today's chapter and that on the Wattpad Block Party, it sort of counts as another double update. I mean, I might also just heavily edit the next chapter and post more today too. I'll try my best for youuuu.

PREVIOUSLY ON THE CLASSIX: Emeray, Chapter, and their Fanatix members just got to the Onward Train set. Chapter suggested they reveal how they're secretly dating, since Emeray and Cartney are trying to make people hate them anyway. Emeray told him she doesn't want to do that. When Lex saw them together, Chapter totally covered for them instead of just revealing everything. Let's see those obvious repercussions.

emeray

As the days on the Onward Train set go by, Chapter's "method acting" practice begins to take on a life of its own.

We didn't notice it at first. After all, Chapter had thought up the concept on the spot only to spare us from the momentary panic of being caught as a couple. It wasn't about to become something we'd actually start using as an excuse to be affectionate in front of people. After a couple days of keeping a relative distance on and off set, I forgot about the whole method acting thing entirely.

But Lex didn't. Always eager to do things the Famoux way, she gradually became more and more reminiscent of her role, Stefanie, in everything she did.

It started with her clothing. Stefanie was, according to the script, the upper-class acquaintance of Chapter's and my character. To achieve this persona, Lex first started out subtly, swapping out her sneakers for loafers. The transition was so gradual that no one thought to point it out at all until she was dressing completely from the racks of her film wardrobe––button-up shirts, thin sweaters, plaid skirts.

Even then, it didn't seem too out of the ordinary. I'd initially assumed we would be filming some of her scenes the first day I noticed, but the day came and went without Lex saying a single word on camera. The same followed for the day after that, and the day after that, until it became a regular thing.

And then she started speaking differently.

In real life, Lex's voice is low and sweet. It was one of the first things I noticed and really loved about her when first meeting the Fanatix. Stephanie's voice, however, is much more cut-glass. It sounds like she's constantly turning her nose up at something. The sudden switch to it was far too drastic to go unnoticed.

With the new voice came the new mannerisms. As it turns out, Stefanie not only speaks like everyone is below her, but acts that way too.

The change is most evident at breakfast this morning.

"Are you serious, Gerald?" She frowns derisively at his plate, of which he's just served himself scrambled eggs. Chapter, Elle, and I are behind them at the buffet line, struggling to look occupied with toast and the fruit basket as we listen in.

"About what?" he asks her.

"That awful food."

"What about it is so awful?"