*chapter nine*

HAPPY FAMOUX FRIDAY!!!!!

It was so nice posting yesterday! Thank you again for being patient about me missing Wednesday

It was so nice posting yesterday! Thank you again for being patient about me missing Wednesday. I'll remind you once more that the reason for me missing that day will come to light soon, and you will hopefully be delighted.

As always, thank you for being so engaged with the story. That's truly the nicest thing you can do, since I have no way of knowing how you like my story without hearing your thoughts. New characters are coming up soon, and there are some consistent commenters who I CAN'T WAIT to surprise. Please remember to be commenting so I can make note of you!!!

Now, let's get into this!!!

PREVIOUSLY ON THE CLASSIX: Emeray and Till just had a creepy heart to heart. As it turns out, Till knew of Emilee Parvenu in her past life. Her boyfriend was friends with Carstan! That tells you everything you need to know about what kind of a guy he was, huh? Also, Till revealed to Emeray that she also got a note from DEFED. Will the other members get notes too? Is DEFED planning to do what they did in book 1??? What will happen?!?!

emeray

    The next morning, I leave the Metropolix before dawn. The car moves like a shadow in the dark of what still feels like a night sky, and I watch from my window as the city slowly tarts to wake. Lights sporadically pop up, silhouettes of tired people crawling past. As we turn the corner toward 8th street, I notice that Wes Tegg's isn't even open yet.

    Beside me, Gerald yawns. "You must really hate this guy, huh?"

    "More than you know," I say.

    Without saying his name and risking being heard on the hidden mics in the car, we're talking about Carstan, the obvious reason for my early exit. The thought having to sip coffee alongside him and make small talk made me sick. It kept me up at night. Once it turned a more reasonable early hour, I poked my head out the door and ask Gerald to take me to Cartney's. He got a kick out of that.

    "Fleeing to go see the boyfriend you used to flee from," he says, whistling. "I hope the irony is not lost on you."

    "Trust me. Cartney is a beam of light in comparison."

    "Wow. Guess he made a pretty bad first impression."

    As much as I want to tell him about everything Carstan has done to me over the years, I know that even if I tried, he'd never let me. But I wish I could. Before the protocol, Gerald was always such a good person to talk to.

    But luckily, I have an alternative. It takes several knocks on the door before Cartney finally answers, rubbing his eyes and looking at me like I'm crazy.

    "It's four in the morning," he says. "Are you aware of this?"

    "Carstan's back," I say.

    While Cartney doesn't know everything about my past life, after meeting Norax's beloved son at Bree's gala he does know this much. His eyes widen, and he steps away from the door, gesturing for me to come in.