Chapter 45

Jaz

"I did it

"I did it. I did it," I announced to Willie who had been waiting on me to come out of Theodore's house.

Willie and I weren't plotting against Theodore. We had a plan and were trying to be secretive about it but I'm not trying to do anything to hurt Theodore. I really have strong feelings for Theodore and the more I'm around him, the stronger those feelings seem to get and I here lately, I'm not able to control myself. I'm liking everything he does, from the way he takes care of Princess, the way he dresses, even down to the way he eats. It's like I'm craving him but he's not noticing so I had to take matters into my own hands.

I had to tell Theodore I hated him just to make him mad. I bought up a bunch of shit about my parents and my family taking his down but I won't actually do anything like that. And I did see Theodore stashing a blood shirt and I did see blood smeared on his door that I connected to his Uncle's murder. If Theodore did kill his Uncle, then that's his business. It's none of mine to tell and I'm not going to tell. I might have taken it too far by bringing up secretive information about his family but I need him to hate me since I plan on surprising him on Prom night.

Willie and I linked up a few weeks ago. He told me about how sorry he is for the way he treated Theodore about Tee Tee, how he was talking about Lindsey and how he jumped Theodore but Theodore's too hard headed and stubborn to listen and I wanted to help him with this big surprise he has for Theodore for Prom. I know Theodore's been through a lot of shit in the past few months so I just want him to have a good Prom night and I want him to be surprised and completely shocked when he sees the surprise since it's coming from two people he thinks hate him. But in all actuality, we have a lot of love for Theodore. Well, I know I do.

"He thinks you hate him now too?" Willie laughed as I climbed into his car.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, you know how mad he gets when he thinks somebody's turned on him. He started all of that he's the man shit and how he's got to have his own back since nobody else will but it's cool. When he sees the surprise he'll be all right."

He raised his eyebrow. "You sure you wanna do that though? I mean, if Aubrey finds out you telling his best friend that you're in love with him, he'll flip an--"

"Aubrey's not around anymore," I cut him off. "And I don't care if he finds out because he moved on and I have the right to do the same thing."

Everything I told Theodore about Aubrey was the truth. I still don't think it's fair how they have him caged up like some animal and they're treating him like he's a criminal. He didn't kill anybody, he didn't hurt anybody and he didn't hurt himself. Just because he had some drugs on him, he's going to be in jail for the next six years and on probation for the next 14. Aubrey's life shouldn't be stopped by one mistake. And since he's never been to prison or juvey before, they should've at least given him a few months, or some type of counseling, or probation alone. He shouldn't have been hit with six years like he's committed crimes before in the past. Aubrey doesn't deserve this.