Stuff you Missed in History Class

I love to read. You may have noticed thanks to my effusive language in my first chapter of this work, titled "READ". But the sad reality is I'm a very busy person and as much as I'd like to spend all my time curled up with a book, I have a life. So, I listen to a lot of podcasts. When I'm driving or if I have a free minute at work, I listen.

Yes, this resource is another podcast. And unlike Writing Excuses, it is not specifically about writing. Instead, it's about history. You might be wondering what a history podcast has to do with writing. The answer is - research. A big part of writing, especially writing that take place in the past, is research. We'll be talking more about research later, but for now, this podcast is a great place to get insight into former historical periods.

Another thing you might get from history: inspiration. Phillipa Gregory didn't become a best seller by writing about modern monarchs. She took all her inspiration from the past. So learn a little (obscure and weird) history!

Rating: 3/5 (super interesting but not specifically a writing resource)

This week's challenge: find an episode of Stuff you Missed in History Class that you think will be interesting. After you listen to it, write a story inspired by the episode!

Here's the podcast's website: http://www.missedinhistory.com/podcasts/