Part 7

Chapter 6 - Scott

Scott turned away to keep from laughing.  Did Graham realize what he had just done?  If the girl bouncing towards them was as crazy as he remembered, one small thing like thinking Graham had moved on to someone like Sam, would drive the crazy up the wall.  Taking a step towards Sam, he threw his arm around her shoulder.  When she looked at her in confusion, he smiled with a shrug.  Like always, he had a plan, one that would get them all out of this situation without harm, if he were lucky.

"Hey Suzy," he said with a big smile.

Her eyes narrowed at him.  "It's Sasha."

Seriousness settled onto his face.  "And this is why we could never get along, you were too serious."

"We always got along," she mumbled.

Okay, fine, he didn't remember much about her.  He remembered she was psychotic, had crazy eyes that made you feel uncomfortable, but that was about it.  All other details were mixed with the countless girls Graham had been with over the years.  "So, how are you?"

"Good, but I would be better if Graham would come out from behind you."

Scott made a show of looking behind the two of them.  Graham still stood there, trying to hide his body behind the two of them.  "Don't see him anywhere."

"Really?" she asked with an angry expression.  "Then how come I saw him a few minutes ago.  All I did was scream out his name, and he hid behind her."

He winced as she said the word her.  It didn't take a genius to know where exactly Psycho Sasha was going with this.  Her eyes had lit up on Sam as if she had found the answers to all of her prayers.  That was when Scott knew he was going to have to run interference before the crazy woman did anything to Sam.

"Look," Scott started, but Sam elbowed him in the side, effectively shutting him up.

"Who you saw," Sam started with a sigh, "was Graham."  Scott turned to her in shock; what in the hell was she doing?  "The thing is, he's having an allergic reaction at the moment.  He's really not up to talking to you."

"Oh," Sasha mumbled, "is he okay?  Does he need my help?  I learned first aid when I was a girl scout."

"A girl scout from hell," Graham mumbled from behind them, making Scott cough to keep the laughter unknown.

Sam, to Scott's surprise, kept her face blank.  "I think that we'll be fine.  We're just going to run him to the hospital really quick."

"Sounds like a good idea," the crazy woman said with a nod.  "He was always afraid to look ugly.  So, I get why he wouldn't want me to see him, but what hospital are you taking him too?"

"The one down the road!" Scott shouted before Sam could say anything else.

Sasha glanced at him with disgust before smiling towards Sam.  "Don't see how you could date Scott.  The man is crazy."

Sam let out a laugh.  "I'm beginning to see how very crazy he is."

"Just a warning, from one girl to another." She shrugged before standing on her toes as if she were going to see around Scott and Sam.  "Bye, Graham!  I love you, and if you need anything, just tell me."

The woman walked off, the same odd bouncing movement in place, and Sam and Scott just stood there until she was completely gone.  "Well," Sam said with a large smile in his direction, "that was fun."

 He blinked at her a couple times, but no matter what he did, the smile looked beautiful.  Shit, he had heard of this happening. A man could go about life never even realizing a woman was attractive, then they do one thing, and bam, the man is hooked.  When Sam smiled at him like that, as if the two of them had accomplished something together, he couldn't help but feel a little hooked.

"You're ruining my plans," he mumbled, making her smile drop.  Immediately, he tightened his arm around her.  "It might not be a bad thing though."

"I don't understand you," she said, her nose curling in a confused way that he realized was actually cute.

Taking his arm off her, he took a step back, only to have her grab his hand and pull him towards her.  Jerking away from her, he shook his head.  "Sorry."

"It's okay," she mumbled, but he could see something flash in her eyes. 

"Scott," Graham said, stepping from behind Sam, "you need to watch where you're going.  You just stepped in the middle of the road without watching for cars."

Scott nodded towards Sam with an apologetic expression.  "I'm really sorry.  I was just thinking about something, and it freaked me out, you know?"

"Yeah, sometimes you realize things, and it's too much for your mind.  It can be explained by-"

"We get it," Graham interrupted with a laugh.  "Now, let's go get that coffee."

Graham grabbed Sam's hand and began tugging her across the street, leaving him standing there in confusion.  What was going on here?  Throwing the thoughts to the back of his mind, he ran after them, this time, making sure there were no cars around.