Part 12

Chapter 11 - Scott

Scott watched as she yawned, trying to cover it up by turning away from the person she was talking to.  The only problem was that she turned in his direction, allowing him to clearly see how tired she truly was.  Weaving through the guests, he stopped next to her.  As he leaned in, to whisper in her ear, she turned, her nose touching his.  He froze, not knowing what to do.  This was Sam, the woman who he had plans for, not the woman he could afford to have feelings towards.

Clearing his throat, he pulled away from her as he scratched the back of his neck in discomfort.  "I think it's about time to leave.  I have work in the morning, and I'm sure you do too."

She nodded, leaning closer to him to put her head on his shoulder.  For the second time that night, he froze as she wrapped her arms around him and snugged close.  "I'm tired."

His hands rose, ready hold her closer when she was pulled from his body.  Smiling, Max swooped down and cradled her in his arms.  "She's a cuddler when she's tired.  You should try sleeping in the same bed as her.  If you don't mind waking up with someone wrapped around you, sweaty from the heat, you won't mind sleeping with Sam."

Scott swallowed hard, but when he noticed the gleam in Max's eyes, he reached out and punched the man on the arm.  "Not funny."

"I thought it was hilarious," Graham said, coming up behind Max.  Graham looked down at Sam, a caring smile crossing his face.  Leaning towards her, he brushed the hair from her face before.  "She really is beautiful."

"Enough of accosting my friend when she's not even awake to appreciate it," Max said, pulling Sam away from Graham's reach.  Scott held his breath, waiting for her eyes to open after Max jerked her into a more comfortable position.  A small sigh escaped her lips as she rubbed her cheek against Max chest, but her eyes didn't even twitch. "Now, let's go before I drop her."

"What about all these people?" Graham whispered.

Max sent him an odd expression.  "They live here."

"All of them?" Scott asked, feeling shocked that so many people would live in such a small house.

"The majority of them," he replied with a shrug.  "Some live elsewhere.  Now, really we got to go." 

"Do we," Graham started before waving a hand in the other's general direction.

"Say goodbye," Scott finished, making Max give the two of them an odd look. 

The man shook his head before shifting Sam in his arms better.  "Nah, we just leave.  By the way, why don't the two of you date each other and leave Sam out of it.  You're screwing with her and it's starting to piss me off."

He turned his back on them and left the house, leaving both Scott and Graham standing there in shock.  Looking towards his friend, Scott shrugged.  "We're not screwing with her."

"If anything, she's screwing with us," Graham agreed.  "I mean who has hair like that anyway?"

"Or eyes."

"Or a body."

"Or lips."

"I think you went too far," Graham said while shaking his head.

Scott pursed his lips. "You really think so?"

"Nah," Graham said with a laugh while walking towards the door.  "She does have a nice mouth."

Shaking his head at his friend, Scott followed behind.  Once they reached the outside of the house, they noticed a figure standing in the dark.  Immediately, Scott went on alert, while Graham simply walked up to the man.  As they got closer, he realized it was Max, standing there.