Bonus Chapter 1

This is a scene I cut out from chapter nine when Magnus and Alec were getting ready to go to Pandemonium. Alec and Chairman share a cute moment together.

When Magnus headed into the bathroom to freshen up, Alec sat at the counter in the kitchen with a glass of water. Magnus had suggested he should "get a little buzz on" before they actually got to the club but Alec had made it pretty clear that he didn't drink. Not even to get a little buzz.

He was about to take another sip when Chairman Meow jumped up onto the counter and meowed softly. Alec set down his glass and smiled at the cat.

"Hey, Chairman. How you doing, little guy?" Alec stroked the cat's fur, feeling it purr under his fingers. "Magnus has this insane plan, you know. Go to Pandemonium to search for clues. But first he insists I get a little drunk."

Chairman sat in front of him and rubbed up against his knuckles.

"I know. Crazy, right? How can anyway think straight when they're drunk? Even a little bit buzzed dogs the mind," Alec gently poked Chairman on the nose. The cat blinked in response. "Luckily you won't ever have that problem. No one will ever ask you to have a drink with them. Or do foolish things."

Chairman burped and licked his lips, lifting a paw to lick it.

"You know it's like.....you have this plan for your life, right? And you know what you need to do and what your responsibilities are and you think you know 'if you follow the rules everything's gonna be fine'. Then somebody comes along and....."

Alec inhaled and exhaled, causing Chairman to sneeze as air was blown in his face.

".....pushes you off that path. You just....the point is, I'm a cop. Emotions get in the way. And if you get knocked off the path, you have to focus and find your way back."

Chairman let out a chirp and pressed a warm nose to Alec's, closing his eyes and purring softly as he licked Alec.

Alec smiled. "You're a good boy, Chair. Such a good boy....." He whispered as he rubbed Chairman's chin. The cat erupted into purrs and collapsed to his side, face pressed up against Alec's arm.

Magnus came out of the bathroom with a freshly shaven face and styled hair. "Hey. You ready to go? Jace is probably waiting for us downstairs."

Alec nodded. "Yeah. I'm ready. You look-you look nice. Really nice."

Magnus waved a hand. "Oh shut up. I always look nice. But thank you for the compliment. You look nice too."

Alec flushed but turned his head so Magnus couldn't see he pink that flashed across his cheeks. "Right. Let's do this."

Magnus nodded. "Agreed. Let's go catch some bad guys. Chairman! Mind the apartment, would you? Don't let it get robbed like you did to mine."

Chairman rolled his eyes and stretched out across the counter, yawning.

"Rude. I feed you and give you a roof over your head. The least you can do is defend the place. Turn into a lion or some shit." Magnus checked his reflection before opening the elevator doors. "Alec? You coming?"

Alec gave Chairman a quick rub. "Yeah. I'm coming. Don't let Magnus get to you, okay Chair? You're a good boy."

Chairman blinked sleepily before closing his eyes and going to sleep.