Bonus Chapter 4

This is told in Alec's point of view. This can be placed anywhere in the story. Just a drabble of what goes on in Alec's mind

There was a headache forming between my eyebrows.

Headaches aren't something I get very often, but when I do, it's usually for a good reason. In this case, the cause of this headache was Magnus Bane.

Magnus Bane. He was something else. Not only was he a smartass, he was actually quite handy out on the field. He knew the backstreets of the city. He had connections. He had a shit ton of money in case he needed to jet and leave me in the dust but shockingly he hasn't done that yet and I'm curious as to why.

I doubt he's noticed this but I've been sneaking glances here and there while he wasn't looking. It's not my fault. There's no denying that he's an attractive man. His dark hair and his mischievous eyes and the lean muscle of his body shifting every time he moved. Plus he had an amazing fashion sense. His suits were very well tailored (not to mention extremely expensive looking too).

I can't shake him from my mind. Even at night, I lay there wondering what his hands feel like or what his body feels like pressed against mine and here he was sleeping just a few feet away on the couch in the living room. I can't stand thinking about him. It drove me insane. I tried everything; thinking about the Game of Thrones season finale, what I'm going to cook for dinner the next day, about Max's piano recital but nothing worked. My mind always wandered back to Magnus.

I'm being completely honest with myself here when I say that it's all a huge waste of time. Fantasizing about him isn't going to change the fact that there's a job to be done and we couldn't afford any distractions getting in the way. Emotions are nothing but a distraction from your goals. My goal was to catch Valentine and receive the recognition from the other cops that I deserve; not because I'm the Comissioner's son, but because I work hard for everything I do and I put sweat, blood and tears into the job. Literally.

But I'd also be lying to myself if I didn't say I enjoyed Magnus being a distraction. He was a damn good looking one, even if I did occasionally stare at him when he wasn't looking. He was easy on the eyes. And I wasn't just saying that because he's handsome. I'm saying that because he's aesthetically pleasing; his styled hair, his silver earrings looped around his ears, the open neck shirts he wore when he wasn't wearing a suit, the way his hands moved when he talked and his bracelets and rings sparkled under the light-

Sorry. Got carried away for a moment there. But you get the gist of what I'm saying. Don't tell him I said any of this. He'd laugh and find some way to make me red in the face or make fun of me for concealing these feelings from him (he thinks everyone should be open 24/7. As if it were only that easy).

So don't speak a word of this to him. Or Jace for that matter. This is meant to be between you and me. I trust you're smart enough to keep a secret? I hope you are. How would you feel if you poured your heart and soul out to someone and trusted them to keep it a secret only to find out they blabbed to everyone? That would be a shitty feeling.