Chapter Nineteen

Thank you all for being so patient with me thus far! I do believe I've managed to change the most major of timeline bits, but if there's still some small piece I've forgotten that you've noticed to be questionable, please do tell me. I will happily give many thanks and worships to any; story timelines are not my favourite to deal with!!

How was Eighteen? Was that a bit strange, or what? What kind of vibes are you getting? D love to hear your thoughts!

We'll get back into the action soon, I promise. For now we need a moment of gooshy stuff because I say so.

Enjoy!

x=====x=====x=====x=====x

The drive to the mall is comfortably silent. I don't think about Mr. Spin at all; forcing him completely out of my head has somehow helped to calm down. The air in the car is swarming with unspoken words, but somehow I think we can both interpret them enough to feel cozy and somewhat anticipating of the mall, to hear what we actually have to say. I know I might have a few questions for him, for sure.

My phone blares. I almost jump out of my seat; Hunter doesn't move an inch. He's actually driving normally today – he says I'm too overwrought to be having any thrilling experiences right now. Go figure.

I pick up the call. "Hello?"

"Where the hell are you, sweetie?" Grace cries. "We've been waiting here forever! I know you wanted some Garthy-Time but goddammit we're scared shitless over here and we need to know how you're doing!"

"I'm fine, Grace, I'm fine," I say. "Really. Just shaken up."

"Yeah, shaken like a freakin' bar drink!"

"What did Andrew tell you?" Hope he didn't spill too much, or this could be a little crazy.

"He told us that when you guys got inside you ran into a freakin' diced biology professor and puked your brains out. That was it – he left the rest to you."

Hallelujah. "Okay. I promise I'll be there. I just need another hour or so. Tell Dev, Sam and Andrew they can buy whatever the hell they want for the time being and it's on me; you too. I'm sorry I can't be there immediately, I have ... things to take care of."

"What? What could it possibly be now?" She whines, almost to a cry.

"Just things. I'll be in the mall, I just have to take care of something first," I try desperately to hint that it's kinda personal, but I guess gossip queens don't really understand that language, do they?

"Wait — you'll be at the mall?! Dude, why can't we see you? What is it –" she stops suddenly mid sentence, and I cringe. She knows.

"Please don't –"

"You're with someone, aren't you?"

Dammit. "Yes, okay? A friend invited me for coffee. I'm being nice."

"It's not just a friend, is it?" She says accusingly, her voice slowly growing in excitement. "Is it who I think it is?? ARE YOU GOING FOR COFFEE WITH HUNTER –"

"Please –"

"OH MY GOD GUYS HE'S GOING ON A COFFEE DATE WITH HUNTER. HOLD MY PHONE." I hear the static of the phone being tossed and caught, and Grace's faint squeals just barely make it through the receiver. I close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Dude, what the hell? Did he find you and propose his undying love for you as soon as I left or something?" Andrew sounds equally as confused as Grace was, but at least he sounds like he's pushing the morning out of his head and enjoying himself again.