Long lost lovers

Long Lost Lovers (August 24 2016)

Summary: Dan is a lost cowboy and meets sherif Phil.

Inspired from TATINOF Sydney... So spoilers!!!

Warning: Blood + death + existential stuff

Words: 3028

=================================================

People say that friendships could last for a lifetime. That the person you befriend now could be people you befriended in your past life and the life before. A quote from Steve Klaka "Sometimes you pick your friends, sometimes they pick you." could slightly explain this concept.

Today's story however, is a story about Dan and Phil's ancestors, many years before they were born or their parents and grandparents existed. We are heading back in time to when they really first met... in the old wild west.

+ + + +

It was a hot and sunny day in the dessert as Dan Howell, a cowboy who left his own town to visit the world. With his trusty steed, Kayne (no not Kanye), he ventures the dessert for a new beginning. He saw lots of new places and seen some new thing but he still wanted more. One day, as Dan was traveling, he saw another town that he hasnt seen before. He traveled to the new town, parked his horse at the stables and walked around.

As he was walking, he saw someone approaching. Through the dust clouds, he saw a fine shadow and a shine of a badge on the chest that blinded him for a bit. Soon, the dust disappeared and facing him is a tall man with jet black hair darker than the night sky and skin whiter than snow. His eyes were as blue as the ocean and his posture was close to perfection. Dan was about to approach him till the man immediately grabbed his gun and pointed at Dan.

"What are you doing here in this town?" the man asked.

"I-I-I'm just here to visit" Dan said as he raised his arms up to the air in signs of surrender. "Please don't hurt me".

The man looked at the brown haired boy and saw the fear in his young face. He lowered his gun and placed it back in his pocket.

"Ah I see" the man said. "We just have issues with strangers in these parts".

The man walked to Dan and gave him a friendly smile.

"My name is Sherif Philip Michael Lester" the man said. "Call me Phil!"

"I'm Dan Howell" Dan said.

Dan was confused. First, the sherif wanted to kill him for thinking he's going to attack the town but now acts friendly and nice in an instant. This was new to him since in his past adventures, the sherifs have intensions to kill him if he makes one mistake on the spot.

"What is a young man like you doing here anyway?" Phil asked.

"I... I want to see new places and try new things!" Dan said shyly. "I then came across this town to see if there is things here that could excite me".

"If you want to go somewhere new, I know a place that I was intending to go today!" Phil said. "You see, there is camping ground I want go to and I'm sure someone like you would enjoy it!".

"Me?" Dan asked. 

"Yeah! I mean, someone who wants to travel to new places, I'm sure you're up to it" Phil said. "Unless... you're lying to me you lying bastard!"

Phil raised his gun again to Dan's forehead as he finished his final sentence. Dan was mortified since the sherif is both scary and quick witted. Dan gave a sigh and agreed to their new adventure.