In the Dark

In the Dark (written on October 31 2014)

This is about Dan being home alone in Halloween week and how he misses Phil being there

==================================================

Dan's P.O.V:

Its been a week since Phil left to Lancaster just to celebrate his brother's birthday while I'm home alone... In the dark... On Halloween Week. I didn't expect this to happen as most of the time, Phil stays with me. He understands my fears and what I'm going through, even if I get a bit deep at times.

But being home alone isnt fun. In the day, its ok. I mean, no one is stealing my cereal and I can talk to myself without people thinking that I'm insane or crazy. But when Night comes, I'm literally scared to go to any other floor of the apartment. Its really dark and most of the time, Phil is there with me, watching my back. Telling me that everything will be ok. Even when I get nightmares, when I yell out of fear, Phil can hear me. He runs to my room and gives me a cuddle as he believes that cuddles are better than kisses.

There are times when I try to face my fears. I tried locking myself in a closet but Phil can hear my screams and comes to the rescue. I try locking myself in the bathroom but I end up panicking. I also tried walking to a really dark tunnel, just far off from the city of London but as I stay there, there is no reception in my phone and my mind goes to a panic state, thinking if the Slenderman will be there, taking me away... to never see the light of day again.

Today, I intend to face my fears again, at my very own home. My plan is whenever night falls, no lights. Just sit in the dark.

"Ok Daniel" I said. "Time for another round".

So I did...

A Day Later...

The door opened whilst it was 9 in the evening. All areas are dark as there was a power outage and a storm is brewing in all of London. My phone ran out of battery and I'm stuck in the corner of the living room. I see a shadow as I arm myself with the TV remote and a pillow. I hear a sound, calling my name. It was hard to hear who it was as I was covering my head with pillows. The light switch was then turned on and I threw the remote and hid once again.

I hear a thug so I may have hit something. I then hear footsteps, getting closer and closer. I put myself in a curl position as I panicked. Then, the movement of someone taking away the pillows occurred. I tried to hold on to them but they were taken away after the third pull.

I moved against the corner with trauma in my eyes and fear on my face. I was scared but I then looked up and it was Phil who just came back home. I didn't realized who it was I was still panic struck on what just happened. I couldn't calm down, I couldn't open my eyes.

I was still in that curled up position, scared and yet crying. Phil came closer to me and gave me a hug.

"Dan, everything is going to be ok" Phil said in that tender voice that I've loved.

But the hug that Phil is giving me, it was different. I somehow feel warmth in it. My head can feel a bit of his heartbeat. His was calm while mine was going in a faster rate. I didn't want to let him let go of me so I hugged him back.

But when I hugged him, we accidentally fell to the ground. I was on top of him as Phil hit his head a bit.

"Sorry" I said.

"Don't worry about it" Phil said.

I can see my reflection through the sparkle through Phil's eyes as I was on top of him. I saw a small bruise on his head from the remote. I felt it and it had a small bump. I started to slip one of my hands underneath his shirt and I decided to lean closer and give him a small kiss on the lips. When I moved away, I can feel a small breath coming out of Phil's mouth. I moved away from him, sat back down on the ground, feeling a bit better. As I stood up, Phil stood up as well. But he walked to the light switch and turned it off, making the room dark again.

"Phil? What's going on?" I asked in a panicked tone.

Phil closed the door. I couldn't see a thing but I can feel something, something warm. It was Phil's hand on my chest. He pushed me to the wall and kissed me deep on the lips.

"Whenever its bright as day or its dark as night, I'll always be with you" Phil said.

"But you... left" I said.

"It was a mistake" Phil said. "I should have not left you".

I was still afraid of the dark but I can feel Phil's body getting close to me. He removed his shirt as I can feel his hard chest against mine as he removes my shirt.

And as the rain stopped with the reflection of the moonlight at the window shining down below us, me and Phil kissed and never let go of each other. As the night where I needed Phil the most, he came and made me feel much better.

And from that day onwards, that when I fell in love with my best friend...