Chapter 14 - "The car's a bit ostentatious."

I am dedicating this chapter to GhostieChanS  because your comments always bring a smile to my face! Thanks for reading!

************************

"Good evening Miss Kayhill" the doorman said.

He opened her car door for her when she pulled up in front of Kade's building.

"Hello!" she said cheerily.

"Mr Matthews said for you to go right up," he said, holding the front door open.

Lennon quickly glanced at his name tag and smiled.

"Thanks Stanley!" she said.

She headed straight for the elevators.

The doors opened and Lennon cautiously stepped out.

"Kade," she called out, taking a few steps forward.

Although it was easy to see how expensive and nice everything in the room was, it felt surprisingly comfortable and normal. She moved to the counter in the kitchen and set down her purse, unsure what to do. She was thinking about going out on the balcony when she spotted a wall she had missed.

The wall, as well as the floor by it, were covered in guitars. She was in awe as she walked over and began to look at all the different types. There were electric ones with different shapes. Beautiful acoustic ones, with amazing detail work.

"Hey," Kade said, walking into the room.

His face was slightly red and he was dressed in workout clothes.

"You have some amazing guitars!" she said, unable to pull herself away.

"That's my favorite spot in my apartment," he said, coming to stand next to her. "I got this one after we got our first platinum single."

He pointed to an acoustic guitar made out of a chocolate colored wood.

"This one after we finished our first national tour."

Lennon listened as he told her the reason he had every guitar.

"What about this one?" She asked, pointing to a particularly dramatic electric.

The body had a unique shape and was a dark magenta. He let out a small laugh.

"The label gave me that one after our third album went platinum. I think I've played it once or twice."

"Which one is your favorite?" she asked.

"Easy," he said, picking up a guitar in the corner. "This was the second guitar I ever bought and I have written most of our songs on it."

The fret board had marks along it and the body had worn spots where Kade's arm or hand had brushed across it millions of times.

"Did you bring it on the tour?" she asked.

"I used to, when we were starting out but now it stays here. It's too valuable. I've tried writing on other guitars, as you can see I have a lot, but nothing good ever comes until I'm playing this one."

"I like that. What's it's name?"

"Name?" He questioned.

"You don't name your guitars?"

"No, do you?"

Lennon laughed at the weird look on his face.

"Of course! They're like my closest companions."