Chapter 33 - "Have you two considered couple's counseling?"

The air in Lennon's apartment felt fresh, with the chill of the winter breeze and the sharp smell of cleaner. She had woken up that morning feeling better and a need to move. Headphones in, pajamas still on, she had started cleaning her apartment. She was finishing wiping down her fridge when she turned to find someone standing behind her.

"What the?!" she screamed.

She jumped and her elbow hit the corner of the counter, sending painful shocks running up her arm. She pulled her headphones out.

"What are you doing here?" she asked Kade.

"I've been calling your name," he said. "How did you not hear me?"

Lennon took a deep breath, trying to calm her racing pulse.

"I was listening to music," she said.

"You seriously didn't hear me at all?" he asked.

She rolled her eyes and smiled.

"If I had heard you, I wouldn't have jumped" she said.

He gave her a curious look. He placed her keys on the counter and looked around. Her apartment looked messier then it had when she started to clean. The couch cushions were in disarray, towels littered the floor, the vacuum cord wound its way around the room.

"What are you doing?" Kade asked.

"Cleaning," she said.

He gave her a worried look.

"Why are you cleaning? You're still sick," he said.

"I'm fine," she said, waving away his worry.

She quickly fixed the cushions, gathered the towels and vacuum. She turned to find Kade giving her an amused look, his hands in his pockets.

"What?" she asked.

He let out an amused small laugh and shook his head.

"Nothing," he said. "Do you want help?"

"I didn't know Kade Matthews, lead singer of Hey Farewell, knew how to clean."

"Kade Matthews lead singer is off duty. You got stuck with just Kade Matthews today."

"Boring," Lennon said evenly.

Kade's eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"And it looks like I got stuck with sassy, stir crazy Lennon today. Is it to late to make an exchange?"

"Ha ha" she said gave a dry sarcastic laugh.

"Ok. Today should be interesting," Kade said.

Lennon sucked her lips in and tried to rein in her energy. She felt ready to burst after staying stagnant even for two days.

"Is there a reason it's like the Arctic in here?" Kade asked, looking for the culprit of the cool breeze chilling the apartment.

He found the window guilty and moved to close it.

"The air felt stale," Lennon said.

"I think you took care of that problem," he said. "What shall we do today?"

"I don't know," she said, her legs jumping. "How about lunch or breakfast? What time is it?"

"It's almost eleven," Kade said.

"Brunch it is!" Lennon said. "I'll just grab my shoes and we can go."

"Lennon," Kade said.

"What?"