Chapter 17 - "The problem is, you are what I want."

Lennon watched the crowd on the dance floor, swaying to the music. The lights were low, turning everyone into faceless, moving bodies. The shelves behind the bar were back lit with colorful lights, turning the tall bottles of alcohol into shadows. Her eyes drifted around the VIP area of Las Vegas's hottest club.

She had flown out for the night to watch Hey Farewell perform at a music festival and then join them for the afterparty. Her one objective for the trip: a kiss.

The area was large with couches on three sides, a deep, rich red with the backs climbing high up on the wall. The lighting was low but better then that on the dance floor.

"Hey babe, what do you think about Kenya for a vacation spot?" Kade asked.

She smiled. She was sitting on his lap, not from lack of seating room but because this whole night was about them showing some PDA. Her body rested against his, her arm was gently wrapped around his shoulders, his hand resting on her hip, his other on her leg.

"Sounds thrilling," she said.

"Me and some of my cast mates took a long weekend and went on a safari," Connor Axton said. "It was unreal. Our guides were amazing. They took us down this wild river. We got to see hippos and elephants bathing. We almost got attacked by lions."

Connor had called out to Kade when they enter the VIP area and struck up a conversation. He looked more boyish then he did in his action films. He was telling about his time spent in South Africa filming his latest film.

"No way!" Lennon said.

"On our second night we were out on this huge plain. Our guides had set up camp and the next thing I know we're forced inside the tents and I hear some heavy foot steps outside. We could hear lions sniffing everything and they nudged the tent wall once or twice. I've never been so terrified or felt so alive in my life."

"That sounds terrifying. We should go on a safari," she said to Kade.

He laughed.

"Sounds good but if the lions come around, I'm telling them they can eat your first since it was all your idea."

Lennon smiled and gave him a gentle slap.

"You'll have to outrun me first," she said playfully.

Someone called out to Connor and his attention was pulled away.

"Do you want something to drink?" Kade asked Lennon.

"Sure," she said, sliding off his lap.

Lennon was entertained watching Kade make his way out of the VIP area. People stopped him every few feet. He skirted the dancing crowd and once at the bar gained the attention of several girls. Lennon watched as they snaked their arms around his shoulder and flipped their hair.

She wondered if he was tempted to flirt and leave with one of them? They would be a more entertaining date then she was. She was caught up in watching a thin, blonde laugh at whatever Kade was saying when someone stepped into her line of sight and caught her attention.

"Sawyer Danes," he said, offering her his hand.

He had a cocky smirk and dark eyes. His blonde hair was long, shaggy and carelessly pushed off to the side and he had a few days old stubble along his jawline. He was older. Lennon guessed mid to late thirties but he looked like someone who's looks had improved with age.

"Lennon Kayhill."

She accepted his hand but could smell trouble on him almost as strongly as his cologne.