1 Year Special

Yeah, I know what I said before. Just read the author's note and I'll explain this whole debacle!

***************

Lennon stirred as the fog of sleep began to clear and subtle things came to her. The soft light filtering in through the window, the rise and fall of Kade's chest beneath her head, the weight of his arm around her and a small, quiet voice. She rolled over to find the time and Kade moved with her, pulling her close against his chest. Again, the little voice called.

"Babe," Lennon mumbled, gently patting Kade's arm.

"Mmmm," he mumbled in his sleep.

"I think I hear Teddy," she said.

"I'll get him," Kade said.

"I can," she offered.

She began to pull back the blankets but Kade moved faster.

"No, I got him," he said.

He stumbled out of the room, still half asleep. Lennon snuggled back under the blankets and closed her eyes. A moment later she heard Kade's soft footsteps on the wood floor accompanied by a light and high, "Dada, dada."

"Dada loves you," Kade said softly.

Lennon opened her eyes to find Kade climbing back into bed, Teddy wrapped up in his arms. The moment Teddy hit the mattress he crawled over to Lennon and sat.

"Mama, mama," he said happily, his tiny hand reaching for her face.

Lennon smiled at the little face that held her's and Kade's features. He had Kade's dark eyes and hair and her smile and cheeks. He was the best of them combined.

"Hi baby," she said, pulling him close and attacking his face with kisses.

Teddy's giggle filled the room as he tried to wriggle free and Kade and Lennon couldn't help but laugh along.

"Who's a big boy?!" Lennon asked.

Teddy pounded his chest proudly.

"Who's the birthday boy?" Kade asked.

He grabbed Teddy and lifted him into the air. Teddy screamed with delight as Kade lifted him up and down. Lennon grabbed a small truck from the bedside table and Teddy was lost in playing it the second she handed it to him.

"I can't believe he is already one," Kade said.

Lennon shifted her gaze from Teddy to Kade and smiled at the love in Kade's eyes as he looked at their son.

"Me either," she agreed.

They fell silent as they watched Teddy play.

"The last two weeks of tour didn't feel the same without you guys," Kade said, reaching for her hand.

"It felt weird without you here," she said. "After living on the tour bus for the last couple of months the house felt too big."

"The bus felt too big without you two."

Lennon smiled.

"But now that you are home, the house feels just right."

"Are you calling me fat?"

Lennon pretended to hesitate and Kade scoffed.

"Please, you know I kept up with Noah's workouts on tour and he was working extra hard to impress a special someone."

"Yes. His seven step plan. He might have mentioned something about that."

"Really?" Kade asked sarcastically.  "Because that's all I heard about, all tour long."