Chapter 20 - "You're Kade Matthews. You can do whatever you want."

Lennon was sprawled out on her couch, her favorite sitcom was playing on the TV. Her attention jumped between the group of twenty somethings discussing dating problems on the television screen and her phone. Photos from the charity ball the night before were everywhere and she was flipping through the top looks.

There was a knock at her door. She slowly got up to answer it. She opened the door and finding Kade, left it open and headed back to her spot on the couch.

"Lennon, what are you doing?" He asked.

He followed her inside. She looked over at him. He was dressed up in a suit.

"We have to go. Why aren't you dressed?" he asked.

"I'm not going," she said.

His face changed from curious to annoyed.

"Lennon come on. The party has already started. We don't have to stay that long."

"I'm not going."

"You don't mean that" he said.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her from the couch. Lennon let her body go limp but he didn't have a problem picking her up. He let go of her and she fell to the floor.

"Lennon," he said, annoyed.

"Kade," she said, mimicking his tone.

She felt bad when Kade's annoyance turned to frustration. She didn't want to piss him off.

"Look, we have been out every single night this week," she said, standing up. "Last night I didn't get home until almost four and I had a meeting with my label this morning at nine. I'm exhausted. I don't want to go out."

"We don't have to stay that long," he argued.

"Do you really want to go?"

She could see him hesitating.

"We have been out so much this week I think even the paparazzi are tired of us," Lennon said.

That comment got a smile.

"Let's just stay in," she suggested.

"Matt won't be happy," he said.

Lennon knew she had won.

"Neither will Jordan but we can ignore their calls. We'll post some cute pictures and they will eventually get over it."

"People are expecting me to be there," he said.

"You're Kade Matthews. You can do whatever you want."

He studied her for a minute. She put on her best puppy dog face.

"Fine," he said. "But we aren't watching this."

He moved around her and sat down on the couch.

"What's wrong with this show?" Lennon questioned, sitting down next to him.

He just gave her a look and reached for the remote.

"I just watched that" Lennon said, as Kade flipped through the long list of movies on Netflix.

"What about a comedy?" she suggested.

"No," he said, still moving through the movies.

"Fine. You choose. I don't care," she said. "Do you want something to drink?"

She got up from the couch and moved to her fridge.

"Water would be great. Thanks," he said.

"What are we watching?" She asked, handing him a cup.