Chapter 39 - "Do you like what you see?"

Lennon left New York the next day and fell straight into a three week promotional tour to support her album. Within that time she neither saw nor talked to Kade, giving them both the space she felt they needed. She hoped the time apart was enough for Kade to move on from any feelings for her, he might have had.

At the end of the promotional tour, Lennon left her band and flew to Mexico to meet Kade; for the couples vacations Matt and Jordan had planned. A part of Lennon worried how Kade would act in the potentially romantic setting, but knew there was nothing to do, but get through it.

**********

Lennon dropped her bags by the hotel room door and took in the panoramic view of the ocean.  Where there should be have been doors and windows separating the room from the outside balcony, it was all open, allowing the pleasantly warm, salt air to fill the interior. The sound of bare feet on tile made Lennon turn. Kade appeared out of a hallway.

"I thought I heard the door," he said.

"It's just me," Lennon said. "This is amazing!"

"It is, isn't it?"

He followed her as she stepped out onto the balcony. They had a view of the pool below and the beach just beyond it. The gentle hush of the waves, mixed with the muted chatter from the pool, and faintly made its way up to them.

"How was your flight?" Kade asked, leaning his arms against the railing.

"It's was good. Short. How was yours?" Lennon asked.

He had already changed into his swim trunks and a tank top. Lennon wasn't sure she had ever seen him look so casual.

"About the same," he said.

Silence settled over them as a gentle breeze brushed against their skin. Their eyes took in the soft, clear green of the water. Lennon stirred after a minute and looked back over at Kade.

His welcome had not been what she was expecting. After her realization on New Years she hadn't interacted with him. She had been worried she would be dodging his loving looks the whole trip. But nothing in the way he was acting confirmed her fears had been realistic. Kade turned to meet her eyes, giving her a questioning look. She realized she had been staring at him.

"So what do you want to do?" he asked. "We could go down to the pool. But if you want some down time that's fine. I'm good with whatever."

"The pool sounds good," she said.

"Ok. I left you the big room at the end of the hall."

"Thanks."

**************

Kade reached for Lennon's hand as they stepped off the elevator. The moment they walked outside, an attentive pool attendant rushed to meet them and lead them to some lounge chairs.

Once settled, Lennon let out a contented sigh. The warm sun on her skin, the smell of sunblock and the sound of splashing water relaxed her. A woman in a small bikini sauntered by parading her long legs and glistening skin. Lennon watched as a few men's eyes followed her.

A moment later, the woman retraced her steps. Her walk slower, the swing of her hips more defined, her eyes focusing on something just past Lennon. Lennon glanced over and found Kade. He rested his head back, sunglasses obscuring his eyes. Lennon turned back to see the woman pause directly in front of them. She gave a not so subtle stretch that accentuated her butt.

Lennon's eyes darted back to Kade and found his face impassive, his head turned in the opposite direction. Lennon let her smirk slip out.

Looking at Kade, she couldn't blame the woman for her attempts. He looked perfect. From his flawlessly, tousled hair and striking jaw to his toned arms and defined abs. Lennon didn't realize her mere investigative look, had turned into a not so subtle stare, until the corner of Kade's lips pulled up into a pleased smirk.