4

Ezra's POV
I mailed the invitations out a few days ago and I was pretty sure Aria was going to be getting her's anytime soon. I didn't want to do it like this. I didn't want to tell her I was engaged to someone else but this was the only way that felt right. I pulled out my phone, praying she still had the same number and sent her a text. She never responded to any of the texts I sent before, what made this different? But I did it anyway.

Ezra: Can you meet me?

Aria's POV
My phone buzzed in my hand and I gasped at who had sent me the text. It was Ezra and he'd asked me to meet him. I waited a few minutes, trying to catch my breath. He had moved on. Why was I so worried about him? Something in the back of my mind was telling me that he'd asked me to meet him for a reason. Something was telling me there was still hope for us so I texted back.

Aria: Sure, the brew?

Ezra responded almost instantly, telling me he'd meet me at the brew in fifteen minutes. I changed out of Ezra's old sweatshirt, thinking it'd be weird for him to see me still wearing it after we were divorced and he wasn't mine anymore. I ran down the steps to my apartment and into my car. I was pretty sure Ezra still lived at the brew so he'd probably be there when I arrived. I parked my car and got out.
"Okay Aria. You need to act normal. He's moved on" I whisper to myself as I walk into the brew.
The bell rang as I entered and a hand raised into the air. Ezra was waving at me from across the room. I waved back without even thinking and made my way to the table he was sitting at.
He stood up and gave me a hug. I felt my heart flutter as I wrapped my arms around him. I shouldn't feel this way anymore. Not after all these years but I did.
"I got you a coffee" He said, pushing the cup in my direction "I hope you still like it the way you used to"
I gave him a small smile and nodded.
"I know you probably never wanted to see me again" He started and my heart broke.
I always wanted to see him again. I always hoped something would bring us back together.
"Of course I wanted to see you" I say
"Did you get my invitation?" He asks and I nod.
"I'm sorry. I didn't want you to find out like this"
"It's alright, Ezra. You've moved on" I choke the words out.
"I know you'll probably not want to come but if you'd let me, I'd really like to see the kids"
Duh Aria. How dumb are you? You thought he'd really want to talk to you about what happened between the two of you? He only wanted to see his kids.
"Yeah, I guess we could all come" I say and the minute I say it, I regret it.
I had just agreed to go to my ex-husbands wedding.
"Great. I was thinking Hope could be the flower girl and Mason could be the ring barrier?" He asked
I couldn't think about Ezra buying another girl a ring. I still had mine. Hope liked to wear it when she was playing dress up. She said it looked like a ring of a princess and that's exactly how I felt when I wore it.
"Sounds good" I say
"Well I should get going" He gets out of his chair.
This meeting was short. He didn't want to see me for very long. It was straight and to the point. He had moved on and I was dwelling in the past.