6

Aria's POV
"Hey mommy, wait" Hope calls as I start to walk away from them after I had just tucked her in.
"Can you tell us the story about the princess and the prince?"
Since there is no rooms in the apartment, the kids have separate beds next to each other by the window. My bed is still the one Ezra and I used to share. It wasn't a perfect place to grow up but it was the only home they have.
"Yes, please Momma!" Mason calls from his bed.
"Sure" I say, taking a seat on the edge of Hope's bed.
Hope scrambles out of bed and sits next to Mason on his bed. They were attached at the hip. I think that's why they didn't mind not having a dad in their life. They had each other.
"So the princess and the prince met at a party. It was a small party. Not many people were there. The princess had never met this prince before. He was very handsome. He had blue eyes and curly brown hair. The princess had just got back from a trip so she was very tired. The prince asked the princess if she was alright because she was a little sad. The prince comforted her and they shared a kiss. The prince and princess fell in love. The princesses mommy and daddy didn't like the prince very much so she was forbid from seeing him ever again, but fate brought them back together. They got married and had two beautiful children. A boy and a girl"
I was interrupted by Mason.
"Hey, just like us" He pointed to Hope.
"Yes baby, just like you" I say
"The princess and prince lived happily ever after"
Hope clapped. "I like that story, Mommy. It makes me happy"
"It makes me happy too" I say
I tuck them both back into their beds and kiss them on the cheek. "Goodnight my babies"
"Goodnight" they say in unison and I head for my bed.
I lay wrapped in Ezra's sweatshirt, curled in a ball. I waited for the twins to fall asleep before I started to cry. I never cried in front of them.
That story had a much happier ending than mine and Ezra's. I made it that way for a reason because I wanted to think that we'd be happy in the end, but it didn't seem like that was going to happen.