19

Ezra's POV
Today was the day. Today was the day my future laid in someone else's hands.
"Are you ready?" My lawyer asked and I nodded.
I adjusted my tie and checked myself out in the mirror. My hair looked good. My clothes looked professional. I was ready, but I wasn't ready emotionally.
"I'm ready"
I was lead out of the prison and into the court house. The same one I was at a few short years ago. I sat down looking at the judge. He looked tough and I was in for a long ride. Hardy was called to the stand first, explaining that I would never hurt Aria. Then came the opposing lawyer who was set that I had hurt her.
"Ezra Fitz, a drunk, a abuser, an almost murderer" He says, pointing at me.
I felt alone in the crowd.
"He planned Aria Montgomery-Fitz's fake suicide and almost killed his ex wife"
They had to see it in my eyes. I was tearing up. Would I tear up if I'd done it? Would I cry right now if I was guilty?
"They are divorced and he was mad. She left him all those years ago and he wanted revenge"
No way.
"She only left because she was threatened" I screamed out, standing up.
I knew I wasn't supposed to speak until I was spoken to but I couldn't hold it in anymore.
"Who was she threatened by Mr. Fitz? Was it you?" The lawyer asked giving me a smirk.
"Jackie Molina. She was thretened by Jackie Molina" I say
"And you know this how?" He asks me
"We're back together. I told everybody this a thousand times. She told me what happened all those years ago. She was threatened by Jackie Molina" I was getting annoyed.
"He's lying. He was mad at Aria for taking his kids and running, for divorcing him. He acted like he wasn't mad and sucked her back into his trap, but that's exactly what got Aria in the position she is now" The lawyer screams
"That's enough" The judge says
"We'll meet back in an hour"
I took a break. My lawyer grabbed me a sandwich but I couldn't eat. When it started back up again, I felt sick to my stomach. I was going down. No one believed me.
"There is so much evidence proving Ezra Fitz did this to Aria" He starts, pulling a crumbled up paper out of his brief case.
It was the note. The suicide note.
"Here is the suicide note that Aria supposedly left for Ezra to find but we searched and found no fingerprints belonging to Aria. Only fingerprints from Ezra. We have eye witnesses saying he left work early that day. The apartment security cameras show the horrible scene" He points a remote at the large TV in the corner and a picture of the apartment door clicks on.
Soon a figure comes out of nowhere and takes the key from under the mat. The person had a little hoodie on but looked like a man. They unlocked the door and then shut the door. Moments later, you hear a scream. A scream from my love. My precious Aria. Minutes later, I come in and find Aria. Then Hope and Mason come in and the lawyer turned the volume all the way up so you could hear Mason's shaky voice.
"Did you hear that? His own son asked him what he did to their mother! Why would he say such a thing if he didn't believe Ezra Fitz was capable of murder? Of assault?"
All of the jury looked at me harshly. I was done. I was going to jail unless my guardian angel came and saved me.
One day later,
We were supposed to take two days off before my next court outing but I was greeted by my lawyer this morning.
"How about a break from all this nonsense?" I ask him, annoyed.
I didn't care if I sounded rude.
"I think you'll want to hear this one" He says, pulling a piece of paper out of his pocket.
"This is a picture from the security cameras from the court house the day the retraining order was filed "
I gazed at the photo. A woman was standing at the front desk. Her head was down. She had brown curly hair about the length of Aria's.
"That's not Aria" I finally said.
"We know. It's Jackie Molina"