Chapter 11

Shay-z's POV:

I heard my name announced, then walked into the ring to stand next to Tora. 

"Great job," I said quietly. "I knew you could beat her." 

Tora put her hand on my shoulder and looked at me for a quick moment, before hugging me tight. I hugged her back, and then we pulled apart and shook hands, wishing each other good luck. 

A stance didn't help me before, so I didn't take one. Tora got into her signature stance and was ready to come at me when the gong sounded. 

I was ready for her to give it everything she had, and I shouted that to her; told her not to hold back because she was scared of hurting me. It wouldn't have been the first time in my life feeling pain. I was just crying for my miserable life a few minutes ago, and I was sure my eyes were still puffy. Like Tora earlier, I needed to punch off my bad mood. 

I heard the gong, and saw Tora rushing at me. I blocked her fists first, waiting for her to tire out a little before I did anything. She backed off a few minutes later, panting slightly, but I could tell she still had her guard up.  

When it came to fighting, it seemed as though Tora was like me with people: She never lets her guard down. 

She was waiting for me to attack somehow, but I didn't. Instead, I examined the bruises rapidly growing on my arms.  

She looked at me like I was insane, and she dropped her guard slightly. She was probably scared I was hurt. I didn't want to trick her, but I had no choice. While she was thinking, I took advantage of the opening and punched her in the stomach. 

She lost her balance and stumbled back a few steps. She didn't seem crushed. Instead she looked pleased. I guess she was happy I took advantage of what I had to. 

She attacked me again with her fists, this time adding her feet in for fun. I had a blast dodging her, and eventually, I took for the air, but just made it look like a huge jump and went to the other side of the arena.  

I saw Goku smiling at us from the corner of my eye. I was ready to end this fight whenever, because I knew that I could. But Tora seemed to be enjoying herself so I kept at it a little longer. 

She raced over to me, sending a small kai blast out of her hand. I ducked, and it barely missed the top of my head. 

Then out of nowhere she hit me in the side of the head, and I stumbled until I fell to the floor. I was still in the arena, but I was dangerously close to the edge. If she kicked me hard enough, I'd been a goner.  

I sat up. Everything was a little hazy, and my ear was bleeding, but I couldn't feel the pain. Suddenly, I felt myself powering up on my own. I wasn't doing it. My body didn't feel like it was supposed to have that much damage or something, and was doing it without my consent. 

I felt myself on the verge of Super Saiyan. I didn't want to do that here. So far the world only knew of a few saiyans, and I didn't want to be included in that list. 

I was willing myself to stop, but nothing happened. I kept powering up, and from my good ear, I heard hushed voices from the crowd.  

I couldn't stop myself, and I found myself a Super Saiyan before I could think of anything else. 

I lost control of everything. 

Suddenly, I knew of everything that was going on. I was after Tora, running, flying; however I could get my fists on her. I made contact a few times, pushing her to the edge. I couldn't stop. 

Finally, I got tired of making playing chase, so I stopped dead center. I crossed my arms, and prepared myself for a Scissor Attack. 

Goku's voice was the only one that could pull me to my senses. "Shay-z! Not here! You'll kill everyone!!!" 

I suddenly felt myself go under my own control again, and I powered down the attack, along with the rest of me. I didn't go completely out of Super Saiyan though, because I knew if I did that I would've been too exhausted to continue the fight.  

I was near tears, and ready to end the battle. I quickly punched Tora a few times, and it didn't feel like she was trying to block. My eyes were closed to help hold back tears, so I didn't know if she was concerned or tired from running. I knocked her out of the ring, and then flew into the waiting room. 

I powered down, and then sat in there and cried for a while, and then someone came to me and said that it was time for my final battle. I stood, wiped my eyes, and walked back out to the ring. 

I stood in the center of the arena, the audience applauding me for winning. I saw Tora in the stands with her family. She had a black eye and a swollen lip, and I immediately felt horrible for hurting her. She smiled at me and gave a thumbs up. "You can do it!" she yelled.  

The first thing I noticed about the person I had to fight when he walked in was that it was the same guy who had waved at me earlier. That same familiar smile was on his face, and I was really ready to wipe it off. His little partner was with him, and that made me want to kill them both much more than I had wanted to kill the first one by himself. 

"I thought it was you when I saw your name on the sign up paper," he said quietly so that only I could hear him. 

"What do you mean?" I asked cautiously. 

"Do you really not remember me? I knew you were the one I was looking for when I saw you go Super." 

I got lightheaded almost as fast as I had run from my house almost twelve years ago. I recognized him then, and I fell to the ground. I saw Tora looking at me out the corner of my eye, and she knew something was wrong. I shook my head to her, and she stayed put. 

I did mouth to her four simple words, which made her turn pale when she saw them: "He killed my parents."